PDA

View Full Version : hand screws on tower

Dukepace
10-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I have a 2008 21V and the hand screws on the tower back out just when I am pulling it on the tailer. Once we launch on the lake we have lost 3 of the 4 on the first wake board pass. Please help.

jonyb
10-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Tighten them down as tight as you can or put a safety cable on it to keep from losing them.

Dukepace
10-05-2008, 11:42 PM
did you have to put a safety wire on your hand screws?

Diggs
10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I would take it to your dealer. They should not come out that easy. You must have too much tension on your tower and they should be able to losen the tension. Good luck, but see your dealer.
WHen you unscrew them does the tower leg push out or does it sit there nicely?

FoiltechLaunch21V
10-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Mine get loose also. I have gotten into the habit of checking them everytime I get in or out or around my boat. I think they loosen just sitting still also. JK :rolleyes: I guess it's something that is just going to happen with any tower that you can take apart.

teamnash
10-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Mine loosen also. In fact, I've lost one hauling the boat to the lake. Any one know where to find a replacement online?

thanks,

rich

phenom_1819
10-31-2008, 12:38 AM
Mine don't loosen... and like everybody else has said, check with your dealer. If you don't take your tower down often, you can probably Loc-tite the bolts. Loc-tite makes a version of their thread-lock glue that is removable, so that you would still be able to unscrew them if you needed to.

Mr Bacon Jr
11-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Mine don't loosen... and like everybody else has said, check with your dealer. If you don't take your tower down often, you can probably Loc-tite the bolts. Loc-tite makes a version of their thread-lock glue that is removable, so that you would still be able to unscrew them if you needed to.

Blue Loctite is what you want- will keep them from backing out, but you can remove the bolts if you want to.

I would also have your dealer check out the tower to make sure it is mounted properly as well.