PDA

View Full Version : trim tap,weighting

Boarderman86
05-24-2003, 12:14 PM
I have a 95 supra comp,im lookign for a rampy wake that will launch me up more than out,im using a 350 on each side of the engine box and are about to put 140 pounds of sand in the bow,i just put the trim tap in the back almost all the way up.Does anyone have any recomdations or advice?
________
volcano vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

Boarderman86
06-05-2003, 10:08 PM
how is the wake with the wieght that you have in there now,im only using the two 350's right now and want to put a couple sandbags in the bow,what did it do to the wake?
Joe
________
buy volcano vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/volcano-vaporizer)

GRAVITY04
06-26-2004, 10:50 AM
I take it this is a direct drive boat. 2 side sack are good but add a 600 in the back. This takes up all the room in the boat but the wake should pick up for you. I ran 2 side sack and a 600 in the back with 4 bags of cement and my malibu was killer..... try it and you will like it....:)

NateSSV
07-12-2004, 04:17 PM
How's it going!

I would suggest the following:
1. The weight in the boat needs to be even. You need to have plenty of weight in the back of the boat, but you also need to have plenty of weight in the front of the boat. I run about 55% of the weight in the rear and about 45% in the middle and the bow of the boat. Having the boat ride level in the water will level out your wake and give you the opportunity to better adjust the steepness with your wake plate.

It sounds to me like you have too much weight in the back of your boat when you run too much weight in the back of your boat without having enough in the front, your boat will ride with the nose pointing up in the air the whole time and this causes your wake to come out really high at first and then die down at the riding spot. A level boat will clean up your wake and make it easier to tune.

I have 3 riders that I sponsor that all compete at the Pro level in tournaments, and they all love the wake behind my SSV because we have it weighted right. My wake is as big and clean as tournament wakes. I run between 2500 to 3,000 lbs of weight in our boat depending on the day and the riders skill level that we take out.

In my on-line store, we just started carrying fat-sacks from Get High Sports. About five minutes ago I also signed on with Fluid Concepts for thier fat sacks as well. There are pro's and cons to each. I like the sacks from both, but the sacks from Get High Sports will be a little cheaper and probaly better fitting for your boat. If you are looking for a discount, pick out the sacks that you want and send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I will get you a custom deal.