PDA

View Full Version : 91 Mariah Seat Replacement

BarryE
05-14-2002, 08:05 AM
I have a 91 Mariah that is in excellant condition, with the exception that the drivers side seat back in the the bow has rotted significantly. Is anyone aware of someone who makes seat frames for older Supra's? The ski is in great condition, just the frame is needed. Thanks for your help.

87 Sunsport
05-14-2002, 02:11 PM
What shape is the vinyl in? We had the same problem with out 87 Sunsport captains chair. We stripped off the old staples ,(Tedious)vinyl, and foam, and measured the rotten plywood. It was pretty easy to build a replacement out of pressure treated lumber and marine glue. We put the upolstery back together with stainless steel staples and a staple gun.

RKG
05-14-2002, 03:09 PM
I took my cooler cover ( in 88 Mariah) and had the wood replaced at an upholstry shop. For 30 bucks, the replaced it with wood covered in fiberglass resin to resist future rot. They put the old vinyl back on and now I have a strong cover again.

Salty87
05-14-2002, 03:35 PM
the rear locker deck rotted on my '87 Saltare, i replaced it with 3/4" treated, resined ply. taking the old vinyl off and putting it back on is pretty easy if you cut the wood carefully.

my deck weighs about 40 lbs now, every little bit helps