PDA

View Full Version : Perko Engine Flush

98outback
10-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I bought a 2003 supra ssv and it has the perko engine flush on it. In what order should i turn the hose on for flushing. Hook hose to it, crank boat, turn on water or turn on the water and then crank the boat?

85 Comp ts6m
10-15-2008, 09:38 PM
I would say turn on water then crank motor . other wise you could dry run raw water pump right . just do it quickly like at the same time almost.?

85 Comp ts6m
10-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Marine Engine Flushing & Winterizing System.

Protect your Recreational Investment. Save Time in the Care and Maintenance of your Boat. Why hassle flushing a hot engine when you can do it quickly and easily on a cooled engine at your convenience? With Flush-Pro(TM), you can flush your direct drive, V-drive, Jet Drive, Applicable Inboard/Outboard or Heat Exchange systems with an ordinary garden hose. By waiting until the engine has cooled, flushing is simple and much safer than working with a hot motor. Add Flush-Pro to your system and stop spending excessive time doing routine maintenance and spend more time enjoying your boat!

How it works
Flush-Pro permanently installs in-line with the hose leading to your boat's impeller pump. when you want to flush your boat, simply remove the Flush-Pro cap, attach a garden hose, turn on the water and start the engine. Flush-Pro automatically responds to the water pressure from the hose. The double valve system closes the hull intake and allows the hose water to circulate. when you're finished, remove the hose and replace the cap. It's that easy! And don't worry, Flush-Pro also closes automatically when the garden hose is removed to prevent water from entering your boat if you forget to replace the cap!

Maintenance like a pro
Flush-Pro is an inexpensive way to protect your investment. Mechanics and skippers alike can easily perform routine maintenance tasks anywhere, even while dry docked. Flush-Pro's see through housing lets you monitor water flow through the valve system so oil changes and tune ups are a breeze, and better care means lower maintenance and repair costs.

Winterize your boat
Flush-Pro also helps you prepare your boat for storage. Using adapter provided, you can winterize your boat by running antifreeze from a bucket into the Flush-Pro system. Come spring, just flush and dispose of the antifreeze (as you would with your car's) before you put the boat back in the water. (Never flush antifreeze from a boat into a lake or river!)

Durable protection
Built to last. Flush-Pro is fully encased with an injection molded PVC see-through housing. It uses a durable UL approved valve and stainless steel springs to prevent corrosion within the Flush-Pro system. Flush-Pro can be purchased to fit 5/8 inch, 1 inch or 1 1/4 inch diameter hoses (these are standard sizes for the hose that leads to your boat's impeller pump). Flush-Pro has a five year warranty

taken from the perko site
85 Comp ts6m

98outback
10-16-2008, 06:18 AM
I only use the boat in fresh water but was just curious. Thanks for the responses.