PDA

View Full Version : Replacing an engine

RKG
05-14-2002, 03:12 PM
Has anyone replaced the engine in their older Supra? I need to replace mine, but 6-7k for a PCM new engine seems steep, especially since I will be trading it in after a couple years, hopefully for a SSV. Anyone have any experience with other types of engines, got good reliability and performance?

Unfortunately, my motor became the victim of a vavle dropping into the chamber, so the risk of other damage is great enough to warrant my chasing a new engine down..Why can't these things happen during the winter??? ;)

dmgx
05-20-2002, 01:41 PM
You can try to rebuild or look around for a used motor to rebuild that doesn't have as much damage. You need to stick with a marine engine there are differences. Jay Warren

Gsaville1
05-27-2002, 09:47 PM
I've had to replace my PCM in an 87 sunsport skier. I bought a long block marine engine [4- bolt 350]from Jasper engines for about $1500 and everything is fine. Other parts can be had from Overtons like manifods and High energy ignition replacement. You can find both online by searching the name. I am looking for a new or replacement trailer any ideas?