PDA

View Full Version : Soft floor on passenger side....

1990 Supra ts comp
06-10-2003, 11:53 PM
I am interested in any information on replacement of floor plywood and carpet on a 1990 Supra. Does anyone have some tips or experience with this. Carpet colour and quality match (red) as well as thickness? Do you use plywood again? How would you treat the plywood? Fiberglass it? I have heard of using high density polyerethane board? How would you fasten the floor? Carpet is glued? Is there a marine glue? 3m product? Lots of questions, looking for answers.... please help... Its June 10 and summer is just around the corner. I guess I should have started this project a bit sooner... Please help...

06-12-2003, 04:28 PM
There are a couple of threads here on floor rot, one in under general chat, and the other in under boat owners. There is a lot of information. Mostly they recommend you call Anthony at Skier's choice.
I am not a great fixer upper, and I don't have $7,000 for repairs. I will probably go with Rot Dr. or the West System. These are epoxy repairs for rotten wood. Their web sites have a lot of info for DIY.

87 Sunsport
06-12-2003, 04:31 PM
There are a couple of threads here on floor rot, one in under general chat, and the other in under boat owners. There is a lot of information. Mostly they recommend you call Anthony at Skier's choice.
I am not a great fixer upper, and I don't have $7,000 for repairs. I will probably go with Rot Dr. or the West System. These are epoxy repairs for rotten wood. Their web sites have a lot of info for DIY.