PDA

View Full Version : mufflers

jsrasband
06-14-2003, 10:04 PM
How do you check the mufflers on the 95 supra comp,they go under the floor of the boat,so how do you check them or anytihng.Why did they make it like that?Also,im getting water in the boat...not much,we've resiliconed the bumper around the boat,checked the shaft nut make sure tis hand tight,and put silicone around the light in the back,where can it be coming in?Any suggestions or help would be very apreciated

Salty87
06-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Have you talked to Vince at www.skidim.com? He used to own a Comp.

I'm not sure if your 95 use the same design/parts as my 87 but the story goes that the mufflers were a common spot of failure and, of course, you have to pull the floor to get to them. I suspect both of mine leak but I can definitely see water trickle down the inside of the stringer where the driver side exhaust goes under the floor. I haven't siliconed the rub-rail but its on my list. Since I can see that trickle, I'm pretty sure the rubrail won't help much.

You might want to check your rudder also, they can leak. Plus, make sure your bilge pump is good....I've got a spare that I use on fat sacs handy.

kevin

Nick H
06-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Ive got a 90 comp so i dont know if yours is the same, but my boat has air intake grilles on the front deck, in front of the windshield, with ductwork underneath going down into the bilge. I presume it supplies fresh air into the bilge for the blowers. Anyways, when i take a wave over the bow water flows straight into the grilles and right down into the bilge. I definately take on water like this especially when the lake is busy and theres a lot of wash about.

Nick H

90 comp
351 pcm