PDA

View Full Version : Insurance on Trailers

cptsupra
10-27-2008, 07:26 PM
For anyone who is relatively new to the way inboard boats are sold with the trailer included in the base price....

A tree fell on my 2008 Supra. The trailer guide pole, followed by the tower and the drivers side windshield were crushed, but they did provide enough absorbtion that the fiberglass has no visible indications of cracking or faulting.

But to get to the point, when I purchased this boat I got insurance for the "price I paid" for the boat. The insurance rep suggested a 2000 dollar coverage for the trailer. Coming from other outboards and i/o's, I said yah sure that sounds about right. Now I have come to realize that the cost of full replacement on my trailer to be around 7,000 dollars. Bottom line is that the insurance company would pay up to 100 percent of the "price i paid" cost for any damage/replacement of a boat that truly only cost 7,000 less than the total paid.

My longwinded somewhat venting contribution to you is to suggest that if you haven't all ready done so, make sure your coverage is adequate for the cost of your greatly overpriced trailer.

Jason