PDA

View Full Version : '09 Titan board racks -- are they that good?

phenom_1819
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM
I haven't seen them in person... but it looks like they mount much further back, which would make it much easier to put boards in 'em. I know the pivot is improved as well. And unfortunately, I know they are not interchangeable with the Roswell systems of previous years (not that I don't like my Roswells...but those Titans look really nice).

Just because I'm curious... does anybody know what it might cost to replace both tower supports and board racks to convert a Roswell setup to a Titan setup? I'd guess it wouldn't be cheap -- at least $1k.

jonyb
10-30-2008, 03:44 PM
And unfortunately, I know they are not interchangeable with the Roswell systems of previous years (not that I don't like my Roswells...but those Titans look really nice).

Is that true? I'm wanting to replace mine with something better. It's pretty pitiful that you have to screw a pin into the rack to keep it from flexing and it still looks flemsy.

phenom_1819
10-30-2008, 05:03 PM
That's what I've been told -- the Roswell and Titan's are not compatible as they are mounted and operate completely different. But I don't see why you couldn't swap out the entire tower strut (with the Titan board-racks attached), to basically accomplish the same thing... it just seems like it might be expensive.