PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Supra

FoiltechLaunch21V
11-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Since I have had my '06 21V Launch Supra I have had what I thought should be warrenty fixes I guess I was wrong.

Let's start with the fuel tank having a hole rubbed in the top from the cross braces in the floor panel. No help from Supra or Skiers Choice!!! I had to buy a new tank out of pocket.

Next the Safety/Kill switch going bad after 40 hours. No help. Another out of pocket cost.

Third the swim platform attached to the transom with screws into the fiberglass ONLY!!!!! There were some metal plates that had fallen to the bottom of the hull I guess they were supposed to catch the screws. Didn't happen that way. Still SCREWS to hold on the swim platform!!! Come on guys. Once again I paid for the fix. So my boat could be out on the water.

Most recently I could not turn the boat off once it had been running because it would not start for about an hour because the fuel pump would get hot and vaporize the fuel. Supra told me I needed the second fuel pump and that would fix it but they nor Skier Choice nor Indmar would cover that $240 cost. Once again to get this I would have to pay out of pocket.

Once again the boat is an '06 two summers on the boat. With a three year warrenty.

I had intended to buy another Supra this year but will be choosing some other brand now.

To all of you Supra/Skiers Choice owners Good Luck with your Boats. As for me I'm going to find another brand that has better customer service after the sale!!!!! Peace Out!!!!

DKJBama92Mariah
11-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Bad day huh buddy? Have you still not heard anything from SC themselves?

How have you contacted them to raise these issues? Through the dealer? telephone? email? They don't seem to want to address issues publicly on the forum, and I can see their point there. It would be inappropriate to air a dispute with a customer on a public forum. Perhaps a firmly worded letter is in order.

When it comes to a problems such as this, a phone conversation just isn't going to cut it. From here on out, all communications should be in writing directly with SC, and you should save a copy of everything. Since the dealer is being worthless, forget him and deal with SC directly.

A letter to Indmar would be in order as well. They are the warrantor on the powerplant, so they should be on the hook for the fuel pump. That fuel pump issue is so common that Indmar should know about it and be addressing the problem. It's a straight-up manufacturer defect and should have been recalled some time ago.

Just remember, that cussing somebody usually doesn't get you what you want, even if it does make you feel better. Be a civil gentleman and give them no reason not to work with you. If they still fail to make it right, It's on them, not you.

DKJ

P.S. As far as switching brands is concerned, that's the beauty of free market capitalism. You are free to vote with your dollars. However, I think we all probably know this but it's worth mentioning that now is probably the absolute worst time to be selling a boat.

tg0824SSVGG
11-11-2008, 11:15 PM
K,

Somewhere around here I have the email address, and/or the phone number
of the Skier's Choice Customer Service manager.

I contacted him once - and he did call back - (while I was in Louisiana) - let me see
if I can find it - give him a shot as DKJ suggests ...

Sorry to hear you're now dissolusioned, (sp?) you're one of the reasons I bought
Supra!

T

brian6840
11-19-2008, 03:00 AM
I got excellent warranty work from both the dealer and skiers choice.2006 Launch 20 living in British Columbia.Just had last ski for the season on Sunday.Been just a great crossover boat so far.We had a great ski and board season with the mild fall this year.
Cheers

lowdrag
11-20-2008, 01:00 AM
I feel for you because I had numerous problems with my '06 21V, including the vapor locking, which seems to be fixed now. The biggest difference seems to be that they did a good job taking care of me and everything that was a problem was resolved to my satisfaction. I would ask if part of it might be your dealership, but I don't think that's an issue. I ended up having to take the fight directly to SC and they took care of everything. Sorry to hear your experience isn't working out the same way.