PDA

View Full Version : when can we ride behind our new ssv?

04-22-2002, 04:06 PM
RickT:
Congratulations to Skiers Choice and Supra for making such a fine boat
We love our new Sunsport V, our neighbors have boat envy.
We only have a few hours on it so far, my questions is can I
ride behind it yet without using perfect pass.
I crash a lot so it would technically be varying the rpms ??

liv2brd
04-22-2002, 04:27 PM
I'm at work, so I can't check my manual, but you can check yours. I believe it calls for a 6-hour break-in routine. After than, you can tow.

Craig Fulton
05-08-2002, 09:13 AM
I broke mine in for 15 hours and then changed all the fluids. I did wakeboard while I was breaking in, but just didn't ride for very long and would vary speeds between quick runs.

It is rough having to go to work after getting a sweet boat like a Supra. After work I would go home and just sit in the driver seat (still on trailer) and act like I was driving it :-) Thought about putting a sleeping bag on it and spending the night several times.

GRAVITY04
06-26-2004, 10:55 AM
I took mine straight from the dealer to the water. Figure if its going to break its going to do it skiing. I have 5 hours on mine and we are wakeboarding still trying to break it in....

mygreenmonster.com
06-26-2004, 08:10 PM
I purchased my 04 SSV in December of 03. I had to wait all winter and break it in when the season started in March. I too spent many evenings sitting in the boat and listening to the stereo in the garage on the trailer ;)

Here are some pics:

Boat:
http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/EditPictureGallery.aspx?username=mygreenmonster.co m&GalleryName=Boat%20Pics&galleryid=10

Stereo:
http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/EditPictureGallery.aspx?username=mygreenmonster.co m&GalleryName=Boat%20Audio&galleryid=8&PageIndex=0 &PicPageIndex=0#Pictures

and The WAKE:
http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/EditPictureGallery.aspx?username=mygreenmonster.co m&GalleryName=Wakeboarding&galleryid=6&PageIndex=0 &PicPageIndex=0#Pictures

NateSSV
07-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey Green Monster!

I just checked out your site! Pretty cool. I like the way that you guys made the SSV the background for your photo pages.

One thing I don't get is why everyone is wearing drysuits in all of your photos? Is it that cold up there all year long? I am sending two of my team riders up there for the Van's Triple Crown National's (if it is still being held?) in August. You need to let me know what the weather is like, because we live in AZ and they are gonna freak if it is super cold!

Also, do you guys hold events and tournaments up there? We just opened our on-line store and we currently give massive discounts to wakeboard association members. We are throwing a huge tournament on the 24th of July for the Arizona Wakeboard Association. Let me know if you want to hook up to get your members discounts.

You gotta to review the Blindside Blade. I read your atricle on the Parks board, and I have ridden both and I like the Parks a lot, but the Blade is faster and smoother on the pop. I would say that it equals the pop of the Parks, but is much more forgiving on landings and tricks.

mygreenmonster.com
07-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Hi Nate,

The picks with the dry suit was in March when it is 50 degree water and air temp. The pictures in the article of "Indiana Pro Wakeboarder" Nick Griffin were just a couple of weeks ago. The water is about 75 and the temp is between 80 and 90. Your guys shouldn't freak :)

I am interested in any marketing ideas for discounts, advertising, or contest sponsorship. We do hold local tournaments here through Indiana Water Ski Association.

I would love the opportunity to review any wakeboard product that I can get access to. With new companies and products emerging, I am always willing to test and review the variety. That innovation is what makes this sport so great!

You can contact me via [email protected]

Talk to you soon,
Bryon