PDA

View Full Version : 88 Supra Mariah

jwingra
07-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Can someone inform me on what to do after operating a supra ski boat in saltwater? We just moved to FL and live near some really nice coves to ski in, but I am afraid to put the boat in saltwater. How do I flush the boat of the saltwater? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am in need of a new boat cover. It ripped during the move. Where can I find a replacement cover that will fit the boat and will be suitable for towing?

Nick H
07-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Ive never used my comp in the sea but have used previous outboard boats in salt water many times. Basically you need to flush the engine cooling system thru with fresh water and i would guess the easiest way would be to use a fake-a-lake with a hose and run the motor for a few minutes after you pull it out of the water. Then hose of the hull
, deck etc to get the salt off.

nick h

Brian Raymond
07-10-2003, 12:39 AM
Contact; [email protected]. They will let you know of your new local dealer, to purchase a fresh water flush kit, in order to enable you to attach a hose in your driveway, to clean the motor out, and to assist with other helpful hints for saltwater usage. They can also be reched at (865)856-3035ext.130. Brian Raymond