PDA

View Full Version : Idiot buzzer won't shut up

azcummins
07-13-2003, 03:25 PM
My 89 Comp has one of those "idiot buzzers" that buzzes when something is wrong on the boat (oil pressure, low volts, high temp). Recently it won't shut up. At first it would buzz, then shut up if we hit a wave, now it won't shut up even when NOTHING is wrong on the boat. I thought it was a loose connection, but everything is tight underneath the dash. Has anyone had theirs fail in such a way that it won't shut up? Any other ideas?

thanks!

Brian Raymond
07-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Some of the alarm boxes have adjustable sesitivity screws on them. Please contact; [email protected], or call (865)856-3035ext130, for further info. Brian Raymond

87 Sunsport
07-14-2003, 06:26 AM
We had the same problem, Vince at SKIDIM had it on his old comp. He told me to wiggle the wires behind the dash and it worked for me (for now -until we have alot of rain again). I wish I had a better understanding of the problem and a more reliable fix.

StylinSupra23
07-14-2003, 12:05 PM
I have/had the same problem and by wiggling wires behind the dash always seems to shut it up at least for the time being. But mine seems to be the ignition switch connection.

delbert
07-14-2003, 05:30 PM
91 Sunsport with buzzer going off as well. All guages show correct readings. I just emailed SC for help as well.

dba4life
07-15-2003, 09:29 AM
Same problem here. I find it I just start pushing buttons on the dash it will go away. It seems to come and go. End of last season was happening all the time. Did it early this year. But for the last month it has not done it.

dba4life
07-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Wiggling the wires underneath the dash shut off my idiot lights + buzzer for the entire weekend. Great suggestion.

bigboat1
08-04-2003, 09:23 PM
wires need to be tight before boat is sold to anyone.check under dash.

Dimitri
05-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Finally what exactly this annoying buzzer needs? except wiggling the wires (because this works for a while but another solution is to hold it as you drive skier and holding the throttle down…………)
I have the same problem folks COMP 90s, I also have crazy warning lights, is there any way to disconnect this buzzer?

cryonchick
05-19-2004, 06:58 AM
There are two small wires going to the speaker under the dash. I just clipped them and wrapped them up. Works great....No annoying buzzing!!!! Just make sure that you pay attention to all of your gauges....