PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Problem - Not computer

07-16-2003, 04:35 PM
I am trying to collect information on SUPRA Gauge/Computer/Power problems. I purchased my Launch new in 2000. I had a couple of problems the dealer repaired, but have been happy with the boat overall. During the past few months I have an intermentant problem with my dashboard computer. If a couple of accessories (ballast pump and horn) are operated at the same time the computer and or radio resets (like the power has been shut off and back on). Also when a pump (bilge or ballast) is turned on the fuel and oil gauges rise. This occurs with or without the engine is running. The power at the battery is fine 12+ volts. The power at the dash (lighter plug) falls to around 8 volts when power switches on the dash are actuated. The computer was replaced once, but the problem returned and a second replacement did not fix the problem. Boat is at the dealer for evaluation. All information would be appreciated.

Wally
07-16-2003, 04:38 PM
I am trying to collect information on SUPRA Gauge/Computer/Power problems. I purchased my Launch new in 2000. I had a couple of problems the dealer repaired, but have been happy with the boat overall. During the past few months I have an intermentant problem with my dashboard computer. If a couple of accessories (ballast pump and horn) are operated at the same time the computer and or radio resets (like the power has been shut off and back on). Also when a pump (bilge or ballast) is turned on the fuel and oil gauges rise. This occurs with or without the engine is running. The power at the battery is fine 12+ volts. The power at the dash (lighter plug) falls to around 8 volts when power switches on the dash are actuated. The computer was replaced once, but the problem returned and a second replacement did not fix the problem. Boat is at the dealer for evaluation. All information would be appreciated.

04-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by wally

DKJBama92Mariah
04-20-2005, 03:43 AM
First guess, gut reaction says a bad ground. The fact that your guages rise when put under a load makes me think this. I am guessing that the only common link between the computer, radio, gauges, and lighter plug would be the common ground for the dash. I would first check all the ground connections between the dash and the battery for tightness and corrosion. Hope this helps.

Good luck,
DKJ

08-28-2005, 11:42 PM
for sure it is a loose ground, I would check the radio first, especially if it as an aftermarket install