PDA

View Full Version : conbrio pics

mapleleaf
11-25-2008, 11:04 PM
she's pink...rough and all mine!! Have some pics of the boat in the water, still looking...... After looking at rickr's comp I thought "hmmm my boat sits low.."" Do I have to split the hull to get at that foam or will my floor come up? I haven't pulled out the old carpet, but have peeled it back and the glass looked good.
I had a near sinking on my maiden voyage, which my bilge pump got me out of, if you had to guess this is my first inboard and my boat's previous owner never mentioned the center plug, never included it either. I gotta think the foam under the floor is soaked and always will be. I don't want to cut any corners, but am also hoping to use this thing next year.....

Salty87
11-26-2008, 10:49 AM
first time i took my father out on mine, i only had it a couple of weeks, i forgot the plug. he was real impressed, lol. i figured it out pretty quick and screwed it in but somehow the engine stalled and we had to get towed in. bilge pump running just about the entire time.

is that faded red or pink? i've never seen a pink supra before, lots of faded reds.

they can run a long time with rotten floors. i had to warn people to be careful not to break an ankle stepping through soft spots in mine before i started the rebuild.

mapleleaf
11-26-2008, 09:45 PM
well i wish it was faded red, but the matching trailer not so faded, definitely pink...not to mention the faded carpet! yeah my electrical's did some funny stuff for the next day or so! Was there a turning point for Supra from wood stringer's to fiberglass and if so when??

Salty87
11-26-2008, 11:02 PM
something like 92 or 93 for no wood. there's a post around here with the answer.

Morphix
12-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Very Nice, lookin like a fine boat, that pink will look pretty sharp once she's cleaned up a bit. 92' is when they went all Fiberglass.

skeezer
01-02-2009, 05:11 PM
I think it might be a shame to change the color. I've never seen or heard of a Pink Conbrio.could be kinda rare. I love mine , but then again its green( green is my favorite color too)

mapleleaf
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
So maybe I should repair the fiberglass where necessary, polish her up and spend a summer with her.... maybe pink isn't so bad, the interior may go solid white....