PDA

View Full Version : Loading/unloading 91 sunsport on factory trailer

daddyowe
08-12-2003, 08:33 PM
I just bought a 91 sunsport with a factory trailer. On my first outing I couldn't get the boat to stay against the V-shaped stop at the front of the trailer. The ramp was a little steep, and the back floated until I pulled up making the boat sit back about 5 inches from the stop. Any tips on loading would be greatly appreciated.

waterboy
08-13-2003, 04:54 AM
Are you winching the bow up tight to the V? If you do, that should hold it there as you pull out.

Brian

daddyowe
08-13-2003, 09:20 AM
Yeah, it's tight, but when the back sits down, the front lifts up causing the separation. It seems to pivot somewhere under the windshield area.

Salty87
08-13-2003, 09:46 AM
sounds like you're pulling the bow down when you're tightening the bow strap instead of pulling the whole boat forward. mine does that, too. i don't trailer far so i just release the strap to let the boat settle and head home. the bunks on my trailer have a few extra inches on the back so i don't worry about it. i always release the pressure off the strap though.

do you power load? i do, that seems to get me close enough. i guess you could play around with the trailer depth but you really need to get the whole boat closer to the stop. spraying silicone on the bunks will make it slide easier but don't take your bow strap off before you're in the water when launching!

kevin

ski hard
08-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Waht I do: Once the boat is on the trailer and on level ground, roll forward at idel and do a quick stop to slide the boat forward on the bunks. This works best when the bunks are still wet. If I don't do this, the bow tends to bounce a little while trailering.

daddyowe
08-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the info. I tried the short stop. Didn't budge. The next trip I squirted dish detergent on the bunks and it worked like a champ. Slid up there like it was greased, even with the fenders 3" or so out of the water.

suckmywake
02-19-2004, 12:11 PM
I do the "power stop" as well. Works everytime w/ no harm to the boat. You need a little more speed than an idle, but I have an '87 Sunsport, so it's got some beef to it!

suckmywake
02-19-2004, 12:11 PM
I do the "power stop" as well. Works everytime w/ no harm to the boat. You need a little more speed than an idle, but I have an '87 Sunsport, so it's got some beef to it!