PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Problems and Faria Gauges

Andrew Lee
08-13-2003, 01:51 AM
I have an '01 Launch SS with Faria gauges and a Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro. The Perfect Pass doesn't work now that the tachometer stopped working. With the ignition or engine on, the Perfect Pass display flashes blocks and beeps very loudly, so I unplug it. The hours on the tach still show, but never increase unless the tachometer decides to work (which is rare). The Perfect Pass tech guys said to make sure the Master Module is getting enough voltage, so I rewired the master module power cables to the fuse panel which gained me about 0.6 volts; this still did not solve the problem. They now tell me to wire it directly to the battery but I still think the whole problem has to do with malfunctioning tach. Anyone had the same problem or any ideas???

H2Oman
08-17-2003, 06:00 PM
I had similar problems. My tachometer wires were loose and needed to be reseated. My Perfect pass wires were loose at the plug. I had to solder the wires back in to the plug to keep them from continuing to pull out. Good luck.

Brian Raymond
08-17-2003, 09:55 PM
It sounds as if your faulty tach may be causing issues w/P.P. If you have tach reading on the P.P. gauge, replace the tach, wire properly, and check it out. If the system works in speed mode, chances are the tach is bad. Keep me posted. Brian Raymond