PDA

View Full Version : Factory Revamp

gvarellj
08-19-2003, 09:01 AM
Will the factory revamp older supras and what is the cost?

SupraNut
08-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Take it directly to Donnie Bennett of Bennett's boat repair in Maryville, TN. Chances are the factory would send it to him anyway. I can personally attest to the quality of his work and the service he provides.

gvarellj
08-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the tip! I have a 92 Saltare and want to up date the compleat boat. Wiring, instruments, carpet, upholstry, graphics, etc.... What has Donnie done in the way of repairs for you and what was the cost?

Brian Raymond
08-19-2003, 09:48 PM
Donnies #, 865-982-9589. I can attest he does fantastic work, and is one of the best in the industry. I have had the opportunity to work with him in years past, and have learned much. He stays quite busy, call and check for appointment settings. Brian Raymond

azcummins
08-20-2003, 11:14 AM
I sent mine back to Supra this winter and they did the work themselves (so I'm told). I was very happy with the work and the boat looks brand new.

It wouldn't surpise me if they sent the boat to someone else as Supra was REAL forward that the boat had to be dropped off the day the work is to begin and then the boat had to be picked up the day the work was done. They said they had to be so anal b/c they didn't have much room for boat storage which they didn't at the old factory. I think they have moved now so I don't know if things have changed. Supra also said they really only do refurbs over the winter when things slow down a bit.

Call Supra and ask for Anthony. He is the guy to talk to about this.

SupraNut
08-20-2003, 05:46 PM
My guess is that they sent it to Donnie. He does not take appointments and works on a first come, first served basis. You may want to cut your season a little short and take it to him to beat the rush.

For me he replaced the entire floor, installed new carpet, repaired some gelcoat gouges and cracks and put on my four blade prop. His gelcoat repairs are astonishing! He takes great pride in his work and it shows.

gvarellj
08-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Mind telling me what it cost? I have a 92 Saltare that was stolen and I got it back less the interior, dash panel, windshield and misc parts. I am trying to decide if I should rebuild or buy something else.