PDA

View Full Version : Supra 22 ballast upgrade

phenom_1819
12-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Has anybody installed the Fly High integrated bow sack (the U-shaped sack) underneath the front seats of their newer (2007+) Supra 22? How did you plumb it into the stock ballast system? DIY or have it done for you?

I have the walk-through Sunsport version with the 1200 lb. setup (400lbs x 3-bags). 3 bags w/ 1-intake pump w/ 3-way manifold, and seperate drain pumps for each bag. I am looking to add more bow weight... and I wouldn't mind another winter project. Unless it's not terribly expensive, then I'd pay somebody. Any ideas/suggestions/feedback would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

phenom_1819
12-19-2008, 01:11 AM
So... I've decided that I want to have the 2009 ballast system installed in my 2007 Supra 22. Anybody have pics or info?

It's very similar to the MC X-series ballast system, three reversible Jabsco pumps, on three seperate intakes, to each of the three bags. Very simple, and should cut fill time dramatically.

I'd love to see some pics of how the factory installed it so I can keep scheming...

phenom_1819
12-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Oops... what does that have to do with my original post? ;)

I'd love to have four Jabsco pumps and have them each fill bags independently. But at $250/each, that could be cost-prohibitive.

Instead... My thinking is once that I switch-over to the 2009 pump system, I'd tap the 4th bag into the fill/drain lines from the belly sack using two ball-valves. I'd then install a new vent line for the fourth bag...easy stuff.

Switching to the new system would solve my problem of fill time, and installing this way would keep the system at three pumps for simplicity. And would be idiot-proof for whoever's in the drivers seat.

The bow sacks would take about 10 minutes to fill both. The rear sacs (if I keep the stock 400 lb. bags) would take about 5 minutes each.

Ed G
12-19-2008, 07:56 AM
I have photos of the bottom of my 2009 Outback V posted on the Moomba board. Shows the location of the fill/empty ports.

It's a great system. I can fill the stock front bag (300 lbs) in three minutes. I replaced the stock rear bags (450 lb) with 750 lb'ers. Takes 7 minutes to fill them.

The programmable switches are a great feature.