PDA

View Full Version : Morse throttle disassembly

farmboy
08-23-2003, 02:57 PM
My nephews were playing in my 1987 TS6M, and now the throttle is not working. Forward and reverse are working fine, but I had to run the throttle at the carburetor to get back to the landing. The cable appears to be fine at the carburetor.

I removed the shift lever and the 3 screws through the cast housing, but I cannot get the housing to release. I talked to Anthony at Skiers Choice, he said to pry the housing out. I think if I pry harder something will break.

Please let me know how to remove the control housing.

Thank you!

08-25-2003, 09:51 AM
the trick is that there is a lever behind the module, from the accelerator. so, you have to position the module so the lever can slide out the opening. it's tough to get the first time, play around with the module until, from memory, i think the bottom has to pull away from the wall a little, then slide the whole unit down and away. the control cables are still connected so they'll be dragging against your pulling.

pay attention to how it comes out, you'll need to put it together again that way. but, once you get it apart the first time, you'll see how it works.

Salty87
08-25-2003, 09:58 AM
the trick is that there's a lever behind the module for the throttle arm. you'll need to play around with the module until you find the correct position to let the lever slide through the opening. it's not easy to find at first, i think the bottom of the module needs to pull away from the wall a little bit. then the you can start the slide the unit down and away from the wall to let the arm of the lever clear the opening. the control cables are still connected so you'll have to pull against those also.

don't forget how to put it back in the wall when you're done. once you see how it fits together, it gets easier to do.

the throttle cable has a little brass piece that holds the cable in the module, be sure to check that also. i replaced mine when i changed the cable, it was warn out.