PDA

View Full Version : Will this fit my 06' 21v Launch

ksmith
01-03-2009, 09:06 PM
I have a 2006 21v Launch and know a guy selling a 4 spkr/3light setup off his 2007 Supra.

1) I assume it will clamp easily to my tower since the clamps are already ready for a similar model tower?

2) How do you hook it up? Do you feed the wires through the tubular tower or run it along the outside and secure it somehow. I'm not sure how I would be able to feed it through the tower b/c there doesn't seem to be any holes left to feed them through.
Right now I have 2 Kenwood cans on top of my tower wired and working.
Could I just use those to connect the speakers?
Not sure how to get the lights ran to power - any thoughts?

Thanks

Seabeejamie
01-05-2009, 10:06 AM
You really need to try and feed those power wires through the tower. Any wires not exposed are protected. The lights tend to draw a lot of power, so you want to run a larger gage wire for these, providing an independant fuse for this as there probably isnt anything large enough on your existing fuse block. I have a toggle under my dash, 2 direction, 1 way turns on front and back, the other way turns on both.
If you don't have existing holes in your tower to run the wires through, you can drill a hole and grommet it. You can use a wire "fish" to feed 1 small wire through. Once this wire is all the way through, tape your power wire to the end of this one and feed completely through the tower. You should be able to feed your speaker wires and your power wires through the same hole. DC power won't interfere with the speaker wires the way AC will.
All that being said, DIY towers has some good articles on doing all of this as well, both lighting and speakers.
http://www.bierbower.net/diytower/home.htm
However you decide to do it, ensure that the wires are well protected.
Hope this helps....