PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to a Boat Show? Got Dates/Locations

ncarrera
01-13-2009, 06:15 PM
The 2009 Boat Show Season has started off much better than anticipated, despite economic dampeners.

Supra and Moomba boat shows in Houston, TX and Portland, OR both started off the season with a bang! Aggressive dealer promotions in conjunction with Moomba’s incredible factory boat show savings program (Pick 5 for $495) created a tremendous buying atmosphere that many jumped on!

Inquiries about the latest partnership with Liquid Force and the all new award winning Supra Launch 21V V have stirred more than quite a bit of excitement at both shows. And the Liquid Force Special Edition promotion has guests stoked about a chance to win a day with the Liquid Force Pro of their choice.

To view a list of upcoming Boat Shows and your nearest Supra dealer’s boat show go to:
ww.supraboats.com/events/boat_shows.html

So who I am going to see there?

tg0824SSVGG
01-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Natalie,

Will you be at the Denver boat show this weekend? I will be there promoting
the United States Hydrofoil Association (USHA - a division of USA Waterski)
National Competition - held in Windsor, Colorado July 16-19

Todd

mapleleaf
01-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Natalie,
Going to the Toronto Boat Show this weekend (closes the 18th), didn't know if there would be any Supra representation there, but am hoping to find supplies for a little rebuild action!
John

leetudor
01-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Was at the Nashville Boatshow last week and saw Dan.

ncarrera
01-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Almost had the opportunity to go to the Nashville show. Great show by the way.

We always send someone to the shows. Every department here has the chance to get out and work shows with our dealers.

It's a great opportunity for us to help our dealer. And how often do we get to sit down one on one with our existing and potential customers...so we love it! This is our chance to get out and see what you think and to help you understand more about the products we build.

It's also an opportunity to demonstrate the responsive and interactive relationship you will experience when you own a Supra. You’re not only buying a boat, but you are buying a relationship with the manufacturer and its dealer...you guys know this first hand...I’m preaching to the choir!

So what did you think about the new model line up?

My next stop is Hartford...see you there

DKJBama92Mariah
01-15-2009, 02:15 PM
May try and make it to the Huntsville show.

phenom_1819
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
I will be at the Seattle Boat show next weekend.

jonyb
01-15-2009, 06:27 PM
So what did you think about the new model line up?

After seeing the new Malibu 247LSV I can't remember much of anything else at the show. The Supra's honestly are all starting to look the same. My 07 has the same features as the newest ones, with only a few minor differences. You haven't really added many options like the other manufacturers are doing. More LED's in teh boat, LED's on the trailer, underwater swim platform lighting, ballast tanks instead of bags, digital dash readouts, a better stereo (mine was absolutely horrible BTW), and maybe a few more things. I understand the Supra's are in a certain price point, but most of the options I listed individually don't cost that much more.

trojanswagger
01-15-2009, 10:51 PM
I was at the Austin show today really impressed with worlds 09 edition!!! A lot more features than the 07 and i do like the malibu but my old boats been good to me so im a loyal customer!

ncarrera
01-16-2009, 11:29 AM
I will be at the Seattle Boat show next weekend.

Tell me how this show goes! I have to get to this one....sometime.

tg0824SSVGG
01-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Natalie,

Who's in Denver this weekend, and there are 2 SC dealers there - do you know which booth?

I will be there tonight.

Todd

ncarrera
01-16-2009, 12:10 PM
After seeing the new Malibu 247LSV I can't remember much of anything else at the show. The Supra's honestly are all starting to look the same. My 07 has the same features as the newest ones, with only a few minor differences. You haven't really added many options like the other manufacturers are doing. More LED's in teh boat, LED's on the trailer, underwater swim platform lighting, ballast tanks instead of bags, digital dash readouts, a better stereo (mine was absolutely horrible BTW), and maybe a few more things. I understand the Supra's are in a certain price point, but most of the options I listed individually don't cost that much more.

At Supra we are always listening to our customers, to our riders, to our engineers and to our instincts. So I have forwarded this message on to the appropriate departments to ensure your comments are addressed. Meanwhile, I want you to consider that at Supra, while our boats are about some bling...we are really concerned with Performance, Reliability, Quality and Rider Friendliness.

Many of the 09 enhancements are not clearly visible to the eye...but clearly evident to the driver, rider and guests by the performance of the boat, comfort and shape of the wake.

For example:

The hull design and Smart Plate have been re-designed to work together to create an outstanding wake while maximizing efficiency and user friendliness. We have upgraded our ballast system to empty and fill within four minutes.

To further enhance the driver’s experience, the Supra design team has improved the ergonomics of the driver’s area by lowering the dashboard and re-centering the driver’s seat. By making these small adjustments we have enhanced the driver’s visibility and comfort by 100%.

We have also added a new ignition switch and key that acts like the accessory position in your car, New electric multisport wakeplate, New stereo amp wiring and new dual battery wiring, better coolers and .....

On the all new award winning Launch 21V features a new stringer design that maximizes structural rigidity and the layout of the cabin has been widened and is much deeper for optimum comfort allowing up to 13 passengers the ability to lounge. The new seating design features larger and wider cushions that turn every seat in to a lounge seat. Children and parents have noted the additional comfort and safety provided by the deeper seating, especially with the addition of the new massive grab rails in the bow.

So as you can see, at Supra our focus has always been on the Performance, season after season reliability, quality and rider friendliness; but, I assure that our team will look into your concerns...we don't want to loose a good customer. We know that ultimately it is the buyer of the boat that pays our wages. It is the customer’s satisfaction and judgment that determines our success. Therefore, our core principle is to understand the customer and all elements that add value to your experience.

Let me know if you plan to attend any other shows.

ncarrera
01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Natalie,

Who's in Denver this weekend, and there are 2 SC dealers there - do you know which booth?

I will be there tonight.

Todd

You are correct. They will both be there. Nice bonus to be able to veiw both booths. If you buy, you will need to purhase from the one in your area. For service, etc. Let me know what you think about the new model line up! Oh and Roske will be there from Skiers Choice.

myturndad
01-16-2009, 12:42 PM
pretty sad that there will be no skier's choice boats at either the oklahoma city or the tulsa boat show. wait, there is no dealer in oklahoma, yet skier's choice hosted the worlds here.:(((((((

So did you go to the Worlds? And you should go to the Dallas show. Tell Marty I said Hi!

tg0824SSVGG
01-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Natalie,

I won't be buying ... I just bought a new 24SSV, Gravity Games edition 2008 in August of last year.

I will be stopping by tho.

Todd

ncarrera
01-16-2009, 05:43 PM
I was at the Austin show today really impressed with worlds 09 edition!!! A lot more features than the 07 and i do like the malibu but my old boats been good to me so im a loyal customer!

The Worlds "Black Out" Edition is one hot boat.

Check out our blog to see the video of the Worlds Edition in action during the Worlds. This clip was featured on FUEL TV...once you get to the site just scroll down, click play arrow and view. Ben Greenwood is in the screen below play arrow.

Go to: http://supraboats.blogspot.com/

phenom_1819
01-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Natalie, I will let you know how the Seattle show goes. I for one appreciate that Skiers Choice doesn't do all the trendy crap like all the others, like computer screens in the dash... That's just ridiculous. And we all know ballast BAGS are way better than TANKS anyday... I'm in the process of swapping bags right now to better suit my riding style. Hard to do with tanks! I know that in my boat, I have a quality boat that is comfortable and performs well. The '09 has addressed three things that customers voiced last year -- the visibility/comfort from the drivers seat (as I'm short), the ballast fill-time, and Natalie, don't forget the new Titan board racks! (I would love if there was a warranty option to swap for the new racks, I've had a lot of trouble with my Roswell racks...). Keep it up, SC. I do have to say, I would love to see a salt series boat from SC, though...

mapleleaf
01-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Just got back from the Toronto show, where to my surprise there were two Supra's to be found! A 20 and a 24 SSV.
By the looks of things, they were there I think for contests and one independent dealer with a number of makes. The cool part was the Hansen brother's on the indoor lake. Reed covered in Supra logo's was great to watch on the wakeskate, looks like I've got something new to try this summer! With a skateboarding background I wonder why I didn't try it sooner?? I guess the dream is to have a couple boats; old, new, etc..!!!!

ncarrera
01-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Natalie, I will let you know how the Seattle show goes. I for one appreciate that Skiers Choice doesn't do all the trendy crap like all the others, like computer screens in the dash... That's just ridiculous. And we all know ballast BAGS are way better than TANKS anyday... I'm in the process of swapping bags right now to better suit my riding style. Hard to do with tanks! I know that in my boat, I have a quality boat that is comfortable and performs well. The '09 has addressed three things that customers voiced last year -- the visibility/comfort from the drivers seat (as I'm short), the ballast fill-time, and Natalie, don't forget the new Titan board racks! (I would love if there was a warranty option to swap for the new racks, I've had a lot of trouble with my Roswell racks...). Keep it up, SC. I do have to say, I would love to see a salt series boat from SC, though...

I am glad you can see the improvements and as you can tell...we really do listen to our customers.

So excited you get the bags. Personally I wouldn't go any other way. Bags simply keep the option open for your boat to grow with you as your needs change.

Thanks for the kudos...I sent your Salt series suggestion to Product and Development.

tg0824SSVGG
01-19-2009, 01:10 PM
I looked at some of the not-so-visible new features, like the new pumps for the
bags and the timers on those pumps ... wow - great addition!

I also love the idea of the lowered windshield, that's been one of my major
issues - I sit on a throwable to raise myself a little.

But - having just bought the new 24 SSV GG 6 months ago - I was just looking
for fun!

Todd

ncarrera
01-20-2009, 02:35 PM
I looked at some of the not-so-visible new features, like the new pumps for the
bags and the timers on those pumps ... wow - great addition!

I also love the idea of the lowered windshield, that's been one of my major
issues - I sit on a throwable to raise myself a little.

But - having just bought the new 24 SSV GG 6 months ago - I was just looking
for fun!

Todd

I love the 24 GG Edition...Enjoy!

cowboy4
01-25-2009, 10:54 PM
just like "myturndad" said no supra's at okc or tulsa show. Personally I thought it was a waste of money. Had natique, centurion, malibu/axis, and mastercraft. Hell the tige dealer didn't go let alone none of the smaller companies that I would like to get information about.
Wow bu really should take notes from moomba when it comes to making a price point boat that doesn't look price point. Wow those axis are fugly.

That and most of the dealers who showed up didn't really have any 09 boards there if they brought any out at all.

jasonba1
01-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey Natalie,

Will you be at the Knoxville Show I am sure that I will go two or three times. Cant wait

ncarrera
01-29-2009, 04:31 PM
just like "myturndad" said no supra's at okc or tulsa show. Personally I thought it was a waste of money. Had natique, centurion, malibu/axis, and mastercraft. Hell the tige dealer didn't go let alone none of the smaller companies that I would like to get information about.
Wow bu really should take notes from moomba when it comes to making a price point boat that doesn't look price point. Wow those axis are fugly.

That and most of the dealers who showed up didn't really have any 09 boards there if they brought any out at all.

Thanks for the compliment. I will let out engineers know.

By the way, you should check out the Dallas boat show...I promise you will not be disappointed! Waterski Boats Dallas will have a fun line up on display. Ask for Marty.

ncarrera
01-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Hey Natalie,

Will you be at the Knoxville Show I am sure that I will go two or three times. Cant wait

I am not working the Knoxville show this time. Worked it last year and had a blast! However, I will be drop in either Saturday or Sunday for sure. Hope to see you there!

ncarrera
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Anyone else been to other shows?

supradoug
02-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Natalie , will you be at the Dallas Boat Show? Were coming down Saturday night for the Gilleys Rail Jam and check out the boat show sunday... Thanks Doug

ncarrera
02-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Natalie , will you be at the Dallas Boat Show? Were coming down Saturday night for the Gilleys Rail Jam and check out the boat show sunday... Thanks Doug

Love your screen name. I wish I was going to the Dallas Boat Show, each year I hear about how incredible that show is. We do have someone going down from Skiers Choice this weekend. Look for the name badge. I will be in Jacksonville, FL this weekend.

McFly
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Natalie, the Dallas Boat Show is INCREDIBLE!

Doug, Tinker will be here in Dallas this weekend!

See you there!

McFly

supradoug
02-06-2009, 12:11 AM
see you Saturday night. I think were going to check out the boat show sunday.