PDA

View Full Version : Seat alignment w/steering wheel TS6M Comp

rickr
01-14-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm restoring a TS6M

(OE) Is the seat on a TS6M Comp (or Cabrio) aligned directly with the steering wheel or offset to the starboard?
THANKS!

mapleleaf
01-14-2009, 07:16 PM
pretty sure my '90 conbrio has the comp hull and the seat lines up with the steering wheel, don't know if it's because the boat is narrow, but I find it comfortable to drive sitting on the freeboard I can't see the seat off-set to the starboard side...

rickr
01-15-2009, 10:54 AM
mapleleaf
THANKS
Some boats are set up differently.

rickr
01-19-2009, 09:23 AM
I looks to me that if I line the seat up, exactly centered with the steering wheel, I will have inteference with the engine hatch.
Could someone with a TS6M PLEASE check this for me.
THANKS!

DKJBama92Mariah
01-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Since you're building it, you get to decide where it goes. Put it where it's most comfortable for you.

Salty87
01-23-2009, 09:57 AM
having been there etc...i put my seat too far to the middle of the boat. i have the loveseat too, so it already takes up lots of space...kinda blocks the walkway to the bow. it's also a little further from the gunwhale than i would like. it hasn't made driving any harder, just frustrated the uptight side of me. i told myself i would move it sometime later but it doesn't bother me that much yet.

i'd keep it closer to the side...not sure what kind of room you have to work with. don't think i've ever been in a comp, tons of them in austin though.

rludtke
01-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi Rickr

My 1987 TS6M is undercover and put away for the winter, so I can offer my recollections...
In my boat, the seat actually brushes agains the speaker cover on the outbd side, and the engine cover on the inbd side, when it is slid all of the way back on the rails. It rubs enough to wear the color of of the vinyl in the areas of contact.
What this suggests to me is that there is only one spot between the engine cover and the sidewall were the seat will actually fit when slid to the full aft position. I can't recall if this spot aligns with the steering wheel or not, but I suspect it does.

You might slide your seat back and see how tight the fit is. This might be the best way to locate it.

I enjoyed the picture of your restoration work.

Rick