PDA

View Full Version : TS6M Wake Augmentation Advice

rludtke
01-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Hi Group,

I have been operating my '87 TS6m now for several seasons, primarily slalom skiing, but also playing around with wakeboarding. I have a Skylon extended pylon, and have experimented with the board on a long line, and an extremely short line to "surf" the primary wave behind the boat, with lots of people and dogs for extra ballast. The wake is moderate, but fun. Just the other day I purchased a 2, 250# bag Fat Sac system. The addition of 500#'s of ballast is no doubt going to make a dramatic difference on the wake.

From the sounds of your posts however, people are running much more than just 500# of ballast weight, so can I expect much benefit?

So, any experience based advice on how to operate? I am curious about things like: what to expect, ideal bag placement, wake plate settings, would this wake be truly surf-able without a rope? Speeds and power settings etc etc.

Thanks,

Rick

jasonba1
01-26-2009, 05:19 PM
I have a 92 comp. What I usually do for surfing is one 400lb bag on the passenger side by the motor and another 400 pound back across the back of the boat in front of the seat. I also have everyone positoned on the passenger side of the boat. I will then also weight the front down with 100 lbs in the nose. The wake is not great compared to bigger boats but you can surf it. Just becareful as you know the boat is already low anyway lol