PDA

View Full Version : '05 22 Ssv

TayTay
02-06-2009, 07:50 AM
I went and looked at a 2005 22 SSV last week and am going to buy it if the test drive works out. A few questions I had where what to look for when we are driving it. The guy selling it is actually the owners mechanic. He seems like a pretty staight forward guy. The prop was dinged and he was honest telling me that it would take some power away (its getting fixed though, FYI). The boat looked pretty clean when we did the walk around but it was winterized so we couldn't drive it. We should be going back in a few weeks to take it out on the lake. Are there any things I should look for specifically or any "tests" I should put the boat through. I appreciate any information that anybody has.

-Anthony

myturndad
02-06-2009, 10:14 AM
I went and looked at a 2005 22 SSV last week and am going to buy it if the test drive works out. A few questions I had where what to look for when we are driving it. The guy selling it is actually the owners mechanic. He seems like a pretty staight forward guy. The prop was dinged and he was honest telling me that it would take some power away (its getting fixed though, FYI). The boat looked pretty clean when we did the walk around but it was winterized so we couldn't drive it. We should be going back in a few weeks to take it out on the lake. Are there any things I should look for specifically or any "tests" I should put the boat through. I appreciate any information that anybody has.

-Anthony

i had a 05 ssv 22 and really liked the boat. But a couple of things i would look at. check the gelcoat around the tower feet for cracking. i also had extensive cracks under the seats up in the playpen.

dealer did a good job repairing those under warranty.

TayTay
02-06-2009, 05:13 PM
I have heard that the cracking can be a problem. It is only cosmetic though right? If there was cracking would that warrant not buying the boat and looking for another one? Thanks for the info.