PDA

View Full Version : Looking at buying a 91 comp ts6m

gregairplane
08-28-2003, 01:06 PM
I am looking at buying a 91 comp ts6m and was wanting a little feedback. I have been reading some post and have noticed a lot about floor rotting. Is this a prob with this year of boat? What else should I look for on this boat? Anyway feedback that anyone could give me would be great!

Dimitri
08-29-2003, 08:22 AM
I have a Comp 90. I just bough it this summer. After 16 hours of working the transmission overheat and stuck this is more than 1500$ damage, as I look closer my PCM engine I notice corrosion underneath 13 years old is an old boat you definitely need to replace a lot of stuff such ass electric cables, switches woods under carpet, steering maybe.......................... Of course everything is depending upon GOOD MAINTAIN of previous owner! Get all service records of the boat you decide to buy avoid boats used in salt water and of course before you buy try!
GOOD LUCK (I wasn't)

Dan Schoenberger
09-02-2003, 03:19 PM
I bought my 87 Comp 4 summers ago, and have had very few problems. Only your standard maintance (tune ups, starter, alt, carb rebuild). With any bost this old, use caution.