PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Supra 21V Stereo Upgrade

cptsupra
02-15-2009, 03:20 AM
Has anyone had any dealings with Fusion Marine Products? They have a relatively new stereo line that boasts a 3 inch display and True Ipod Controls.

http://www.rocktheboataudio.com/html/51377.html

I have no doubt that I can get the head unit to fit and all the preouts to my amps will be a one for one swap. I also think the change from the Kenwood Marine Commander on the transom will be an easy swap.

http://www.rocktheboataudio.com/html/51381.html

The one issue that is holding me up is the changing of the remote on the drivers console to the new one. I don't mind the round face in a rectagular hole, but I am curious as to what exactly is located behind that panel, that may inhibit me drilling the larger hole required for the flush mounting of the new remote control.

Any input would be great. I am currently deployed in Iraq, and won't have access to my boat until May. If this new control is doable, then I would like to have the equipment ordered and waiting on me when I get home to install in time for good weather.

Thanks.

jasonba1
02-15-2009, 01:26 PM
I have nere heard of these my self so I cant be of any help to you . Let me say thank you for what you are doing for all us in Iraq I really appreciate everything you do for us. After cliking on the link you sent I am very interested in this as well. I am wondering though how I can control my in boat speakers, tower speakers, and sub sepratley without a eq or something like the WS 420 does anyone have the answer for this. Thank for all of the help

tg0824SSVGG
02-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Jason,

Nope- I just ended up buying the WS420 ... it works GREAT! (still have to get it
out of my other boat and move it to the Supra, but I don't know now how
I ever got along with out it)

Todd

jonyb
02-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Fusion is junk..... Any reason you're ditching the Kenwood?

jasonba1, you can put a potentiometer inline with your rca's to control boat, tower, and sub separately, but it's a lot of work.

Here's a thread about the same thing with a link to a part that you can use: http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18954

cptsupra
02-16-2009, 03:24 PM
The kenwood Ipod controls are too cumbersome, to actually play a song you want to hear. I realize there are some other Fusion stuff out there on the very low end, but the stuff I am hearing on WW is that their new stuff is legit.

The one thing that may evetually stop me from making the switch is the drivers remote replacement. Since I am not around the boat now, I think that may hold off and let some other people test the waters and develop some reviews.

Thanks for your input.

jasonba1
02-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks jonyb. I am going to go with the ws420 I appreciate the info. See you are in Paducah. I am orginally from Hopkinsville and went to school at murray state. I am now in knoxville tn. I miss western ky

jonyb
02-16-2009, 06:12 PM
The kenwood Ipod controls are too cumbersome, to actually play a song you want to hear. I realize there are some other Fusion stuff out there on the very low end, but the stuff I am hearing on WW is that their new stuff is legit.

The one thing that may evetually stop me from making the switch is the drivers remote replacement. Since I am not around the boat now, I think that may hold off and let some other people test the waters and develop some reviews.

Thanks for your input.

How is your ipod set up? I've got playlists on mine that start from the top with compilations of what I listen to the most. To go from playlist to playlist, you press the up button on the commander, then down to go the other way on the list. It's really a lot easier once you get accustomed to it.

phenom_1819
02-16-2009, 08:49 PM
If it's just Ipod controls you're looking for, here's another option... this is a Harmon Kardon drive + play controller... you can find them online for like $30. Works like a champ, looks great (in fact, people compliment that it looks stock). I screwed the controller just above my ignition switch, and tisplay mount location was stolen from Diggs.