PDA

View Full Version : Early Comp Restoration Parts; Vents and Decals

rickr
02-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Spoke with Supra today and was informed;
Rear/transom vents (see pic) for pre 87 Comps are not available BUT post 87 (square) vents are available and fit in the same cutout.

TS6M Comp, quad color waterline decals are no longer available.

I am still trying to track down the windshield trim.

THANKS! To Brian and Anthony. GREAT customer service, even for minor, inexpensive, parts :)

mapleleaf
02-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Just got my wiring diagram from Brian on friday, those guys are great!
I have to replace all my 3" duct hose. Is that just a simple West Marine trip?

rickr
02-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Yep, West Marine should have it.

Salty87
02-16-2009, 04:45 PM
i'd shop around online. west marine's prices don't make me happy.

i bought a bunch of stuff from skidim when i was working on mine.

now that i think of it, i got my new vents from west marine though. i guess they're good for some things. my vents were the square ones.

rickr...you're putting the stripes back on? i sooooo like mine better without them

check with a local sign maker, should be able to get some made. maybe even update the colors a little? they're a little too Ocean Pacific for me. haha

DKJBama92Mariah
02-17-2009, 01:56 AM
Rick,
If your vents are just ugly and not broken, why not just restore them. You can get vehicle plastic trim paint at any auto parts store. You just rough the plastic up with a scotchbrite pad and spray on a couple coats.

I used this stuff on the plastic grille and headlight surrounds of my rover defender 90 which had faded in the sun from black to a light grey. It still looks good two years later.

Just a thought.

rickr
02-17-2009, 09:23 AM
DKJ
Thanks for the info. I prefer the "Vintage" round ones BUT the previous seller got too agressive with the buffer and broke one and damaged the others.

From the begining "The Boss" and I decided the TS6M would not be a "Concours" class retoration. I am leaning more toward durable than pretty. We are looking forward to having a boat that my buddy's kids can eat potato chips on and the dog can go with us ;)