PDA

View Full Version : Need A trailer for 87 sunsport

Gsaville1
05-27-2002, 09:52 PM
My original supra trailer is getting thin and this memorial day weekend the prop cage got caught AGAIN. Well this time was the last; the welds broke. Also, The brakes are shot and I am looking for a comparible trailor with a little more ground clearance. Any suggestions?

Dan Schoenberger
05-28-2002, 09:38 AM
I bought my 87 Comp without a trailer, and ended up buying an Eagle. Granted it was back in 91, but fit perfect.

Salty87
05-28-2002, 12:49 PM
i bought a new trailer for may saltare 2 years ago...$3k i think, roadmaster.

you might have a little more luck looking for a sunsport, but there weren't many used trailers around to chose from here (austin, tx).

SupraNut
05-28-2002, 01:41 PM
I bought my '90 Sunsport without a trailer. After looking hard and making lots of phone calls, I found a '98 Prestige that fits pretty good. It is a single axle trailer with brakes, swing up tongue and prop protector. It was made to carry a Nautique so I was confident that it would handle my boat. You may want to check with some of the other ski boat dealers in your area to see what they may have. Good luck.

Skipkris
06-07-2002, 03:54 PM
I just bought a '98 Saltare to replace my '89 Conbrio. The Saltare did not have a trailer. I ordered a trailmaster tandem axle trailer. Had the manufacturer add bow guide bars, disc brake on the 2d axle, spare tire and rim with mount, and aluminum wheels. Factory matched the trailer color to the hull very well.

Type trailmaster boat trailers in google and you will get their website.

Around 3600 bucks for the trailmaster, and it features an electric brake lockout at the tongue which was eaily wired into the back up clearance lights on the tow vehicle....so hwne i put the truck in reverse the brakes lockout automatically--love it.

Good luck.