PDA

View Full Version : used tower??

mapleleaf
03-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Found a used tower on wakeworld that looked decent, but can't measure my boat to see if it'll fit.
Anyone know if 69" wide for front legs and 79" wide for rear will fit on a '90 conbrio or comp????? 41" between front and back...

87SunSportMikeyD
03-05-2009, 01:16 PM
I would post on wakeboarder.com and ask Haugy he comes here too though I think.

Check nada.com and they should have your basic dimensions for an estimate. My SunSport has wide gunwhales and it was pretty easy to fit a tower in about a 6" area flat or curved. With that said I wouldn't buy it without going and gettin' your measurements.

Else get the new Monster Tower that is only $700 or try ski-it-again.com for a pylon until you can save up for a nicer tower.

Which tower are you looking at?

mapleleaf
03-05-2009, 04:42 PM
it was a guy in cali. Don't remember name, he sold it and we ended thinking it wouldn't fit....
I'm looking at the Big Air H2O, but I'm also trying to squeeze way too much in for this year...The tower may have to wait, My interior has to come first!!We're gonna need somewhere to sit!!
I'll be in Michigan at the beginning of May, so I may try and line something up for then, US shopping is usually good for us Canucks!!

87SunSportMikeyD
03-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah you really wanna do the tower right. Don't go too cheap on that stuff. Also awesome to do matching brands if possible. I would highly recommend Monster. Their racks/mirror are all good quality and price is right. Do you need a folding tower? Where do you store your boat in-season?

For this year you could get a pylon. By used for under $300 and very high resale value and demand. Try ski-it-again.com

mapleleaf
03-06-2009, 08:18 PM
thanks, it does ned to fold, hoist, I'll take a look at Monster. I really just liked the look of the h2o, I don't know much when it comes to brands, I understand the new dimension stuff is great, but their prices are a little out for me!!

87SunSportMikeyD
03-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Yeah New Dimension is great quality from the looks. But way too spendy for me. Also it folds down over the BOW of the boat and wouldn't fit under the canopy of the lift. Silly imho. I also don't like the looks of the crossbars. Just personal though.

The reason Monster is so recommended is their customer service is top notch. They will absolutly bend over backwards to make sure you are satisfied. Plus then when you get racks, etc, you are using the same vendor. The new MT is cheaper at $800. They do run sales from time to time. http://shop.monstertower.com/p-126-mte-universal-wakeboard-tower.aspx

Can you link me to the h20 tower?

mapleleaf
03-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I checked out Monster and seems great, but I'm kinda into the cross bars, so we'll see. The H2O tower is on for $975, which I think is ok. Basically under a grand is what I'm looking for w/o running a pylon!. I'd really like to tuck a bimini under there for the wife and little guy!
I'm gonna try to link here, but you're dealing with a carpenter so hold on....

www.bigairpylons.com
apparently it's on for $795 right now, I gotta get moving!