PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Legacy Gauges Dead

oleflippy
03-08-2009, 01:47 AM
I've heard that there is a main controller box that controlls all the gauges. Does anyone know where this box is?

Also, does anyone know if the Legacy has temp warning lights/horn that would alert me since the gauges are dead?

Thanks...

oleflippy
03-16-2009, 12:09 PM
I've heard that there is a main controller box that controlls all the gauges. Does anyone know where this box is?

Also, does anyone know if the Legacy has temp warning lights/horn that would alert me since the gauges are dead?

Thanks...

Called Atlanta Marine and they are shipping me a new MDC for $454.00. Does anyone know where this box is located on a 2000 Legacy???

oleflippy
03-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Well, it took 2 weeks to get a part that was only supposed to take 3 days. Then, I call the dealer and ask where this black box is located and they told me to basically trace the wires coming from the gauges. They said I'll have to eventually find it.

So far I'm not too happy being a Supra owner, other than loving the style of the boat.

Salty87
03-20-2009, 02:43 PM
ah, the old run around. sounds like you're the expert now ;)

oleflippy
03-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Ok, I found the little magic MDC 1600 black box. I was located beside the gas tank on the drivers side. I removed the back panel in the ski locker that covers the gas tank and bam, there she was. I appears that the reason it failed was because the Speedo tubes leaked into the box, causing it to go bad. So, needless to say, I'll be running mine without any speedo tubes hooked up.

Seriously, the black box was leaking water into the main box. So I hope running without them will keep it from going out again.

Feel free if you have a Legacy and need some info... CHEERS!