PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Fat Sack Solution - '02 SSV

09-08-2003, 03:19 PM
I purchased a 2002 Launch SSV a year ago and with the exception of leaking fat sacks have been very pleased with the boat. The problem is that the seams always seem to fail and results in water flooding the boat. The dealership has replaced the sacks, but the problem continues. The solution I have come up with is to reinforce the seams with a product called Marine Goop. Marine Goop is available at any Home Depot and costs about $6.00 per tube. Apply the goop to all of the seams and let dry for 48 hours. The product adheres extremely well, dries clear, and flexible. Since I have done this, I have not had one leak. Each sack will require approximately 2 tubes of Marine Goop. Ride on!

jflock2
09-15-2003, 03:38 PM
This really works!

jflock2
09-15-2003, 03:40 PM
For some reason this was not readable when I originally posted it, so here it is again:

I purchased a 2002 Launch SSV a year ago and with the exception of leaking fat sacks have been very pleased with the boat. The problem is that the seams always seem to fail and results in water flooding the boat. The dealership has replaced the sacks, but the problem continues. The solution I have come up with is to reinforce the seams with a product called Marine Goop. Marine Goop is available at any Home Depot and costs about $6.00 per tube. Apply the goop to all of the seams and let dry for 48 hours. The product adheres extremely well, dries clear, and flexible. Since I have done this, I have not had one leak. Each sack will require approximately 2 tubes of Marine Goop. Ride on!