PDA

View Full Version : So im sitting here

ol88
03-11-2009, 11:49 AM
looking out me office window wishing I was rich. The weather is so nice out but rain is on its way but as of right now its perfect. I hate work weeks:(

Salty87
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
front hit here this morning around 6. it's been gray and rainy all day, 48*.

this blows, spring was here. what happened??

phenom_1819
03-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I de-winterized last week... and my boat's been ready to go on the boat lift. Seattle has had an unusual March cold-front with 25 degree nights for the past week. I have heat lamps aimed at the engine from every direction. Good times.

kingwoodlee
03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
You're making ME depressed! Oh wait, Louetta Upholstery called to tell me my re-upholstered dash is ready for pickup. All Right! Come on summer.

ol88
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
You're making ME depressed! Oh wait, Louetta Upholstery called to tell me my re-upholstered dash is ready for pickup. All Right! Come on summer.

Hell yeah! Do they do good work there? I have a seat that I need to get fixed. I was talking to some shop off of 1960 but thet=y rubbed me the wrong way.

Let me know

mapleleaf
03-11-2009, 11:24 PM
so i'm sitt'in here, thinking I have a whole interior to redo, and I've never done that. And it's cold, not 50's cold, that might be warm! And why'd I leave my boat 2 1/2 hours away.
Could it miss me more than I miss it??

csuggs
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Hang in there, mapleleaf! I know the feeling, but it won't be long now . . . .;)

kingwoodlee
03-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Hey ol88,
Louetta upholstery does excellent work for a decent price. Two years ago, they did my entire boat. Look under pride-and-joy for my 88, and you can view some of their work. I dropped my dash off last Friday, and they called me yesterday to say it is ready. Now that's service.

Salty87
03-12-2009, 03:42 PM
my dash looks awful...how much did that run? i guess you had to disconnect all of your gauges? i hate crawling under the dash.

kingwoodlee
03-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Salty87, I am keeping up with this dashboard project under the repair forum. Go there, and look for dashboard upgrade/replacement for some pictures, etc. The original wooden dash frame and the wooden panel behind the steering column were both recovered in a flat black marine vinyl. Could not get the old denim material that it originally came covered with. The owner also didn't know how the original one lasted for 21 years, especially with that denim material! To recover both of these, including making new wood for the lower piece,cost $200.00. I am working with Viper customs about replacing the metal pieces that the gauges and switched are mounted in.