PDA

View Full Version : Swim Platform Brackets

csuggs
03-14-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm looking for a little help here. I have to take the swim platform off to get the boat all the way into the garage. I have it off now and was planning to have someone fabricate some new brackets that will be easily removable. I have an idea of how to build this, but I gotta ask if anyone knows of any brackets that are already designed and available to fit an 86 Sunsport.

mapleleaf
03-15-2009, 09:06 AM
I can't post of pic of my brackets 'til next week, but basically I have the same bracket as you on my Conbrio, only my platform bracket mounts into another bracket, mounted to the boat. The bracket on the boat is hooked at the bottom to stop the platform from coming off and there are quick release pins that go through the top to hold the platform on, it comes off super easy..... The transom bracket is the photo i don't have. I believe it has eyelet's on either side at the top and one in the middle that the pins go through. Here's what the slot in the platform bracket looks like....

jasonba1
03-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Call Jim Jackson at Viper Customs he has several different types of brackets his number is 865-388-4096 , Make sure you say you saw it on the supra site and you should get a little discount.

Salty87
03-15-2009, 03:56 PM
i bought some from the dealer to convert mine...goofed on a measurement and never used them. they don't extend back far enough to completely support my platform. they are like leaf described....mount a bracket on the transom, the platform bracket slides into the transom bracket and is locked with pins.

they're collecting dust, i'll make you a good deal if you're interested. i can take measurements/pics...

csuggs
03-15-2009, 04:23 PM
salty87 -

The "j-hook" transom bracket that my existing bracket would attach to is pretty much what I had in mind. If you want to attach a pic of yours, I'll check them out. My center bracket is shorter than the other two.

Salty87
03-15-2009, 07:15 PM
i noticed your brackets were a little different from mine. saltare's have smaller outter brackets and a longer inner. they look exactly the same as yours, just reversed.

doesn't sound like these are what you're talking about. i think these were for an 02 Launch, i have the papers somewhere.

all three sets of these are the same size.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/salty87/DSCF1003.jpg

tg0824SSVGG
03-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Those look a lot like what's on the new boats. If they work, it's 2 little spring clips and the platform is off/on.

csuggs
03-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Salty -

Send me a private message and l;et me know what you want for the brackets . . . . .

Clint

sandm
03-19-2009, 09:47 AM
first piece of advice I'll give ya is ditch the spring clips. they are garbage. go to your home depot and they have the ones bu and mc use. pin style with a piece of wire that goes over the end and holds it in.
I have broke 5 of the spring clips and almost lost my platform. there are others with the same complaint, especially if your boat is in any kind of chop regularly.

good luck...

Salty87
03-19-2009, 12:18 PM
first piece of advice I'll give ya is ditch the spring clips. they are garbage. go to your home depot and they have the ones bu and mc use. pin style with a piece of wire that goes over the end and holds it in.
I have broke 5 of the spring clips and almost lost my platform. there are others with the same complaint, especially if your boat is in any kind of chop regularly.

good luck...

ha...they suck so bad i lost one and i never even installed them. csuggs, you have pm

csuggs
04-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Kevin -

Could you measure the overall height and width of the transom brackets (what attaches to the boat)? Also, can you measure the angle, either 100 degree or 107 degree. Thanks
Clint

michael hunter
04-04-2009, 11:25 AM
The brackets on my 89 Sunsport are completely different I will post some detailed pics
later when the wife gets home with the camera.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/SkiDogHHRSupraPicture016.jpg

Lowell
05-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Check witht the factory about the OJ Folding platform brackets. I beleive they are available.

csuggs
05-26-2009, 09:26 AM
thanks for the help guys. I already took care of the problem and installed some newer style Supra brackets that are removeable.