PDA

View Full Version : 07 Launch Interior repair

jonyb
03-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I've got a vinyl panel in my boat (07 Launch 24SSV GG) that needs repair. 2nd time on the water the hand knobs for the tower weren't tightened down or backed out. When they did, the tower support fell on the vinyl. It was less than a 1/2" from the top deck, but missed thankfully. The damage is very close to the piping. I had a local vinyl repair place come out and try to fix it, but they said up front it wouldn't be close. i had them do it anyway to keep the vinyl from getting worse over time.

I can take the panel out and ship it. Would Skier's Choice repair or recover something like this? Hopefully they'll reply here.

michael hunter
03-20-2009, 09:27 PM
If you go to your dealer I am sure they can order a new panel for you.

jonyb
03-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Don't know if you've seen any of my other posts, but that's not an option. I've tried ordering from my local (3 hours away) dealer, and everytime it's a dead-end. When I took delivery of the boat there were a couple small things missing that they promised and I ended up having to go straight to SC to get those parts.

So thanks for the reply, but no, a local dealer isn't an option.

rsant
03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Amazing - I'm in the same "boat". You would think that with the boat you presently own - simply providing a little bit of service might bring them a future boat sale. I went through the same thing and then some - I'll drive to Skiers Choice before I would ever deal with my dealer again - and that's a long drive.

michael hunter
03-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Sorry to here about your dealer problems.
Try going to Skiers Choice direct. I have in the past and they have been very good
to deal with. Its hard to believe that in this market a dealer would blow off a sale.
It wouldn't take more than a phone call to order it and have it drop shipped to you.

TayTay
03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Speaking about dealers and Skiers Choice, where is the best place to get OEM replacement parts. I know you can get them from dealerships but is there anywhere else? I lost my cap to the tower light and need a replacement. The dealership has it but its out of town so they will have to order it and then ship it. Not a big deal, I was just curious if there are any secret sources out there... Thanks

jonyb
03-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Guess I just need to call them. You'd think that SC would help their customers out on this board, kind of like the Wet Sounds employee's do on every single wakeboarding forum on the net.....