PDA

View Full Version : 87 Sunsport

nafman
03-23-2009, 11:10 PM
So, this is the start of what will likely be a lot of babble throughout the summer. Long story short, my older brother and I were looking for an old sunsport for a wakeboard boat for our kids. He and I are pretty serious skiers and have always resisted getting a big boat, didn't want to invest huge bucks on a new boat and didn't want to give up our nice little wakes! Our little brother in MN has a sunsport and the wake when loaded is awesome. So I have been watching ads and looking at a lot of thrashed boats over the past year or so. This winter I found what appeared to be a good deal, only problem it is the dead of winter and the boat is in Montana. One classic road trip story later we drive from CO to MT on new years eve, pick up a boat and come back. All in the same day. Well this weekend we finally put it in the water, have to say we are psyched with the maiden voyage! Ran beautiful, steering is spot on, easily made the turn on the ends of our lake. Yes the boat has a couple of quirky things but with a bit of TLC this summer we should be in sweet shape. Here is a quick picture of what we have, will keep up some postings as we get the thing propped, add a perfect pass etc. I think we have a good one to build on!

Okie Boarder
03-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Very nice! Amazing how with a wrap it is hard to tell it is an older Supra.

csuggs
03-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Looks nice nafman! Congrats and welcome to the board. I love the Sunsport also - have an 86 that is a whole lot of fun. No tower yet though - some day maybe! Let us know what you are doing with the boat, we all love to see new ideas and progress!:-D

87SunSportMikeyD
03-24-2009, 04:07 PM
It doesn't have a fiberglass platform, does it??? Looks awesome! How much weight did you put in your brothers sunsport? I'm also in Minnesota with an 87 SunSport! :) Looks awesome!!!

Irish_Jack
03-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Very cool,
That really is hard to tell that its an older model, you will not be disappointed. Old or new, Supras are worth there weight in gold!
Congrats!!!

mapleleaf
03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
What a slick deal, good looking boat, I think I've already forgotten the year...
Enjoy!!!!

nafman
03-25-2009, 08:40 AM
I will confirm with my brother and get back to you. It was two large sacs on either side of the engine and a smaller "log" type sac in the playpen. He is up in Bemidji, where are you at?

nafman
03-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks to all that responded. Being a new guy to the site I was struggling responding to individual messages! (might be an IQ issue, not yet sure!) We are looking forward to a great summer, now need to unload a nice Centurion, and will continue to update as we putter around with the boat and get it dialed in. Looking for 6-12" of snow tomorrow here in CO so I likely won't be jumping on anything in the near future.

Thanks again, look for some updates down the road!