PDA

View Full Version : REBUILT AN OLD 1988 SUPRA

felipe
05-28-2002, 08:54 PM
I JUST BOUGHT AN 1988 OLD SUPRA WITH AN APARENTLY GOOD HULL. BUT IT NEEDS ENGINE WORK, ELECTRIC, INSTRM.AN ALOT OF PASION AND MONEY. I HAVE DECIDED TO DO MOST OF THE WORK WITH THE HELP OF MY 3 SONS AND HOPEFULLY SOME OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE. FIRST OF ALL, I WONDER IF ANY OF YOU CAN DIRECT ME TO WHERE I MIGHT FIND THE ORIGINAL MANUALS (THIS IS A 1988 SUPRA WITH A 454 H. P. ENGINE ON IT) ALSO IF ANY OF YOU HAS ANY IDEA ON WHERE I SHOULD START, WILL GREATLY APRECIATE IT. MY NAME IS FELIPE DE LA CHESNAYE, AND I LIVE IN ACAPULCO MEXICO. IÁM AN AIRLINE PILOT AND FORTUNATELLY I HAVE THE TIME TO DO IT. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS, THANK YOU

87 Sunsport
05-29-2002, 06:39 AM
Felipe,

Anthony at Skiers Choice 1 800 320 2779
Vince at Discount Inboard Marine 1 803 345 0996
marinemechanic.com

Good luck!

Salty87
05-30-2002, 04:07 PM
Felipe,

Definitely spend some time talking to Discount Inboard Marine (www.skidim.com), they've got all the parts you'll need and will take the time to explain how to fix the problem. Vince has helped me do everything from install a depth guage to repair a timing chain cover oil leak.

The owner's manuals back then didn't really give much info. If you can find a shop manual, you'll be much happier. Working on a 454 is pretty simple though if you're mechanically inclined.

gm
03-11-2003, 09:54 PM
i have to agree about vince at discount inboard marine. I bought an 89 comp last june, got a wakeboard magazine and found ad for discount inboard. i have been very pleased at help vince can give. i have owned only bass boats before and this is my first true inboard. I was a little unsure at first about parts and tech support. I am thoroughly confident in the supra I bought since talking to vince. I have the bass boat wheels off and trailer is up on blocks. I think it will stay like that for a few years.