PDA

View Full Version : '05 22 Ssv

TayTay
03-28-2009, 08:57 PM
This is our new toy...

michael hunter
03-29-2009, 12:03 AM
TayTay
Thats a sweet looking rig I love the colors. Enjoy your summer.

saltare inverts
04-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Good looking boat. SHe have a name.

TayTay
04-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Her name is Gonzo. I know its a boy name, but one of my really good friends told me a few years back when we were in the Marines that if I ever bought a boat, I should name it after him. Well I agreed and what do you know, 6 months after I got out I bought a boat. So that is where "Gonzo" came from. I have been debating calling it "The Gonzo" or "Da Gonzo" (he's from chicago so it would match da bears) I dont know yet. I also want to put the name on but I dont know where. I am not going to take the "SUPRA" off the back. I may just end up putting it small somewhere to tickle his fancy. We will see. So thats the story of her name, lol.

saltare inverts
04-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Thats the way to name a boat. Name doesnt matter as much as having a meaning. I prefer Da Gonzo. I like the way it sounds. Thats a good story.

tg0824SSVGG
04-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Funny you should say this. My first boat, 10 years ago, was SUPPOSED to be named
"the other woman" - my wife, THE BOSS, insisted it be name "the other man" - so it went without a name for 9+ years. (no way was I going to drive a boat with THAT name).

About a year and a half ago, my oldest daughter - now with 2 kids of her own, said,
"you should name the boat, "MY FAVORITE CHILD"" - which the old boat was, and now
the Supra is as well.

I love it - the other 4 kids jaw drop was a HOOT.

We both are proud to drive it now ...

Todd

saltare inverts
04-21-2009, 10:34 PM
That is a great story also. Do you mind, I may still that name (my favorite child) for my boat. Funny stuff, I think a book about boat names and the stories behind them should be made.