PDA

View Full Version : Hot Water Shower Install Question

Fman
03-29-2009, 01:35 PM
I just installed a hot water shower on my '08 Supra Sunsport 22V yesterday. I purchased the heatercraft shower which seems like a good setup. All in all, things went well but I did have one question for people who have installed this system.

When I ran the "T" into the impeller hose for the cold water I ended up only having about 1" of clearance between the fitting and alternator pully. I dont think this will be a problem, but wanted to know if anyone else is this close to the pully? It was about the same distance before the install, it is a pretty tight fit from the factory. I am assuming the motor will not shift or move at all during operation.

Another thing I did was for the hot water I ran off the knock sensor outlet and tied in a petcock valve for easy draining of the block for winterization. I have a brass 4-way valve coming off the block with the knock sensor, barbed fitting for hot water line, and pet cock valve. I think I am going to do the same thing for the other side of the motor, it will make it a simple project to drain the block for winterization.

I will try and send some pictures in the future.

Fman

WadsworthSunsport22V
03-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Can you post some pictures of your install? I have an 07 Sunsport that I would like to do the same, plus I want to add a heater.

Fman
04-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Can you post some pictures of your install? I have an 07 Sunsport that I would like to do the same, plus I want to add a heater.

I will send some pictures in the next couple days. Good news is I took the boat out today and no leaks and everything works great. Puts out a nice flow with all different temperature variations.