PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my boat

ol88
03-30-2009, 01:55 PM
from the repair shop and now my fuel guage is not working and my temp alarm goes off non-stop. Now before I took the boat in the temp gauge worked but the alarm never sounded. Should the temp alarm sound when the boat is not in water maybe? Please help. I just dont want to take it back to the shop if its something simple and get charged more money.UGGGHHHH!

Salty87
03-30-2009, 04:01 PM
what did they do to fix the last problem?...you might be better off telling them that they created a new issue.

you have an audible temp alarm? i don't think that's stock, or at least i want one. there's a buzzer for the electrical system, low voltage maybe. i disconnected mine, it was annoying and going off with fresh batt's.

how do you know it's a temp alarm? gauge showing anything?

87SunSportMikeyD
03-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Mine has audible alarms for everything. Battery, oil, temp, and gas each have their own warning light with text label.

That stinks I would at least call them about it. What did they do to her?

ol88
03-31-2009, 09:12 AM
yes i have alarms for everything also. They had to replace the main ground wire from batt to motor and a conn broke off from the main breaker. Im sure it was just from running around the lake but now since I got it back the alarm just goes off non-stop and the fuel does not work. I called the shop and they said to bring it back in but I dont wanna get hit with another fee. They were under the dash working and I think maybe they hit something are knocked something lose. Does anybody have wiring for an 88 saltare they could send me just so I could look and make sure they put it all back together right?

michael hunter
03-31-2009, 06:42 PM
The gauges all have spade terminals connecting the wire I used to lose my fuel gauge in rough water until I tie rapped the harness. Go under the dash and look at the two bundles of wires going to the fuel gauge one side is probubly off. They piggy back multiple wires to each side of the gauge. If the gauge is unplugged it will cause the alarm to sound.