PDA

View Full Version : Noob

chris21guitar
03-31-2009, 04:42 PM
What's going on everyone? I recently got a 1987 Comp TS6M from my boss for $1.....yes $1......everything is clean and I'm about to get the motor checked out. It was replaced a few years ago and hasn't been used too much. Anyways, I'm wanting to try wakeboarding and wanted to get some suggestions or ideas on what type of board to get, etc. Also, any pointers for a beginning wake boarder would be very appreciated.

Thanks

tg0824SSVGG
03-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Welcome --- wow, a whole $???? geeze

michael hunter
04-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Welcome Noob
How about posting some pics of your new expensive toy.

Salty87
04-01-2009, 02:06 PM
awesome...watch out though, there's no such thing as a free boat. haha

try to find a local shop that will rent boards. most of them allow you to use that money towards a purchase. or, if you've ridden a board you want, you can get it cheaper online. a local board shop is a nice thing to have.

mapleleaf
04-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Hey Welcome....
Wow, a boat for a buck! It'd be nice if everything else for the boat was a buck!!!!! You're gonna love it, these Supra's are amazing and I haven't fixed mine up yet!!!
It's that acronym for b.o.a.t. you have to watch out for... I just learned what it stands for myself.....

saltare inverts
04-03-2009, 11:52 PM
I got into boating because it is cheaper than golf. Am I wrong about that? I recommend trip series board from Hyperlite. They are easy to ride, forgiving and used ones should be plentifull. They will also let you do any tricks on them you want, I learned a backroll on one.

indyeng24
04-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Sounds like you should have some extra money to spend on a board, since you only had to spend a dollar on the boat.

For my money you can't beat CWB boards and bindings. I ride the Transcend and love it. With the variable fin length you can change it depending on how you feel like riding. But even better than that are the hinge tech bindings. It takes zero effort to get in and out of them and once you snap them shut they hold just as well or better than any other brands I have used.

Hope you enjoy boarding as much as we do. Good Luck.

TayTay
04-05-2009, 02:57 PM
I will second the CWB boards. I ride the Faction and I have agree that the bindings are EXTREMELY easy to get in and out of. I love the board. The best thing to do, like said above, is just demo the boards and find one that you like. Good Luck!!

saltare inverts
04-16-2009, 10:58 PM
I ride a CWB board now too. You can not beat the Bindings they have now. So easy for newbies to get in and out of the bindings.

csuggs
04-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Hey Welcome....
Wow, a boat for a buck! It'd be nice if everything else for the boat was a buck!!!!! You're gonna love it, these Supra's are amazing and I haven't fixed mine up yet!!!
It's that acronym for b.o.a.t. you have to watch out for... I just learned what it stands for myself.....

OK, I'm biting. I haven't heard the B.O.A.T. acronym and can't imagine what it might be because there's no "M" for $$$$$$$$$!

tg0824SSVGG
04-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Break
Out
Another
Thousand

csuggs
04-22-2009, 08:23 AM
NIIIIIIIICE! Yeah, I think I've been there, done that.

saltare inverts
04-22-2009, 03:40 PM
B ring O n A nother T housand

Blackntan90
04-22-2009, 05:38 PM
B.O.A.T.- Break Out Another Thousand !!

Irish_Jack
04-26-2009, 12:45 PM
B.O.A.T.- Break Out Another Thousand !!

I'm going to use that all the time at work now(lol):cool: Especially with outdrives... Yuck!!!