PDA

View Full Version : fed up.....

mapleleaf
03-31-2009, 09:04 PM
There might not be much to respond to here, hopefully a bunch of heads nodding!!
I'm sure I've whined about this a few too many times, but here's the deal. I can't wait for storage in the city, when my trailer' s rebuilt, maybe another couple weeks, I'm bringing my baby back to the city, this long distance relationship is not working out. And it's not her, it's me!
She'll have a nice little spot on the front yard for bit, where I won't have to just talk about working on her. I mean how would you feel if somebody left you tarped up in a barn for 6 months????

87SunSportMikeyD
04-01-2009, 09:01 AM
What is wrong with the yard? Cover her up well and I don't see any difference. At my parents there are several boats all in the yard. Never had a problem. Of course they were not new boats, except a pontoon new stored outdoor for four years or so still looks great.

michael hunter
04-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Its always best to keep it inside but sometimes its not possible. Keep it protected from
rain and sun and don't worry about it.

Salty87
04-01-2009, 10:09 AM
my boat sleeps on the other side of the wall from my bedroom...outside, but close. every other house has a boat in the yard here. do you have a cover?

csuggs
04-01-2009, 11:12 AM
I'd have a difficult time with a long distance relationship with my boat - I don't know how you do it. I see mine every morning when I go into the garage and leave for work. Then it's the first thing I see when I get home. You know what might work is one of those 10'x20' freestanding awnings. I've got one I use for various outings and I always thought that I could park my boat under it at night if I take the boat camping. I would just lower it to cover the boat and raise it back up to work on the boat. I bought one last year at Tractor Supply for about $100.

mapleleaf
04-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Wow, ok feeling better, Mrs. leaf isn't so excited, but I think there's a word for that, compromise. I have a laneway and parking in the back, but I don't think I'd ever get her out if I could back her in there, still working on whether dollying the trailer out in the lane would work, with the weight of the boat.....
Salty, I gotta get a cover, tarping in the barn was ok, but if I'm gonna squeeze this thing into my front yard (nice and close to me!) I'd better cover her up right. Seems like custom's duty is my hurdle with US shipping so I'm trying to line everything up to my family's place in Michigan, Got a good line boatcover's????? Hopefully around $300 ???
Clint, if I can fit it the backyard I'm definitely putting it one of those "party "tents......

Salty87
04-01-2009, 02:41 PM
no deals on covers, i'm looking too. mine's tarped right now. actually looks better than my old cover would. the hull is shaded all day too, tarp goes down to the trailer frame.

these things work great, trim away any excess...custom tarp. ;) i even made cutouts for the tower
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/93700-93799/93740.gif

mapleleaf
04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
nice.... I've seen those around....
Do I buy the generic cover???? I really don't want to, They're like $250 Canadian, and won't fit right.....
I guess 4 or 500 seems better, for the right cover... I'd rather spend the money on a tower........
Walmart cover here I come!!!!!!!!

csuggs
04-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Use the link below to see canopy from Tractor Supply - for less than $100US it might serve you well.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_34076_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1

Blackntan90
04-01-2009, 04:52 PM
I too feel yuor pain, because of the homeowners assc. I store mine 5 miles away, which is OK until I forget to bring a tool or something else along for the ride! I use a cover from overtons that is a couple of years old, with a heavy tarp over that for the winter snow and spring rains...if I had a garage-er, man cave, for my baby, she and I would be very happy!

michael hunter
04-01-2009, 07:12 PM
I second the overtons cover they sell custom fit covers in three different qualities.
I bought the shark skin it fits better than the old one and doesn't need poles.
Its fully trailer able too.
When I put the tower on my wife modified it to work with the tower.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/SkiDogHHRSupraPicture018.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/mypics213.jpg

Blackntan90
04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
That is one beutiful boat, Mr. Hunter!

mapleleaf
04-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Goodlook'in chauffeur!!!
I'll check overton's that cover looks good....

michael hunter
04-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Did you notice he has his PFD on he is ready to go.