PDA

View Full Version : PIMP YOUR TOWER by Supra Boats

ncarrera
04-02-2009, 09:20 AM
If you are ready to be a the water this season enjoying time with friends and family and feel good knowing you didn't overspend on all those extras you really want...then you are going to love our new Spring promotion, Pimp Your Tower!

With the longest list of standard features in the industry, a base Supra model is already heavily loaded. However, with the new Pimp Your Tower spring promotion, that long list just got even better. From April 1st – June 30th Supra will Pimp your Tower for Free!

That’s right. Supra buyers will now be stacked and loaded with their choice of Supra’s premium stereo package that includes Roswell’s 4 Speaker Combo LED Light Tower Bar with additional 2-channel Amp or a Z5 Cargo Tower Rack that duos as a bimini and storage so you can carry more boards, tubes and so on. The Pimp Your Tower promo also includes a Tower Mirror bracket to complete the functional, sleek, strong and sporty look of your new tricked out ride.

Those looking to buy the Gravity, BROstock or all new Worlds “Blackout” Edition Package will receive a discount up to $2,000 toward the purchase of their new boat…since these models are already pimped out.

So, what does this mean for buyers looking to purchase a new Supra? Contact your local dealer and make sure you purchase your boat between April 1st and June 30th. With premium factory incentives to choose from and the standard Four Star Protection Plan at no additional charge, the only difficult decision you will have to make is selecting which model you want and which tower accessory to go along with it.

Check out your local dealer’s showroom and the next generation of Supra design for yourself; locate your nearest Supra dealer at www.supraboats.com. Get out and test-drive one!

PIMP MY TOWER
Factory Incentives included:

FREE UPGRADES
Tower Speaker & Light Bar with additional 2-Channel Amp $1,795
or

Z5 Cargo Rack $1,795
and

Tower Mirror Bracket $ 245

You Save or Free Upgrade Options. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $2040

Worlds, Gravity and BROstock Editions up tp $2,000

***At Participating Dealers
***No Substitutions Allowed

Tina
04-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Pimp my Tower Promo LIE
We just purchased a new 22ssv and have been charged a thousand bucks more for the Roswell speakers, lights and mirror... (An item that costs Supra $400) AND we're being charged another $750 for installation... The promotion is BS.
I called the manufacturer and spoke with Reed who PROMISED to get back to me after lunch (just don't know which day after lunch) to let me know what's going on. He hasn't even the decency to return my call. This is the worst CS I've ever had and we've owned two Supra's prior to this one. I am so sorry we went with Supra this time. I hate to be lied to and this promo is one big lie...
Dealer said... "You want the promo? The price of the boat just went up 2 Grand". Is this really how Supra and their dealers run their business? and I thought they were a quality company. Who's got the Vaseline?

Common Supra, Contact me and lets get this straight before the Admins here take down this post cuz of embarrassment... It's certainly the truth! The Promo IS a Lie.

[email protected]

Pimp my Tower for Free Promo... ya, right.

jonyb
04-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Wow..... I'm not gonna jump on a bandwagon here, but the customer service part sounds real familiar to me. Maybe you should just call them back twice daily until you get someone. Seems to be the only way to get anything done with Skier's Choice.

Fman
04-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Pimp my Tower Promo LIE
We just purchased a new 22ssv and have been charged a thousand bucks more for the Roswell speakers, lights and mirror... (An item that costs Supra $400) AND we're being charged another $750 for installation... The promotion is BS.
I called the manufacturer and spoke with Reed who PROMISED to get back to me after lunch (just don't know which day after lunch) to let me know what's going on. He hasn't even the decency to return my call. This is the worst CS I've ever had and we've owned two Supra's prior to this one. I am so sorry we went with Supra this time. I hate to be lied to and this promo is one big lie...
Dealer said... "You want the promo? The price of the boat just went up 2 Grand". Is this really how Supra and their dealers run their business? and I thought they were a quality company. Who's got the Vaseline?

Common Supra, Contact me and lets get this straight before the Admins here take down this post cuz of embarrassment... It's certainly the truth! The Promo IS a Lie.

[email protected]

Pimp my Tower for Free Promo... ya, right.

I have actually had good luck with customer service at Skiers Choice. They were a huge help in getting my ECU flashed back with the proper software that the original dealer screwed up and put Moomba settings on my ECU.

One thing about the marine industry is they are cutting back on personnel, there business is taking a huge hit right now, so you have to have a little patience....

All in all, I would have to give Supra a thumbs up :D for customer service.

Hope things improve for you, I cant see how they will not honor this promotion seeing as it posted right here on this bulletin board and it is posted on there Supra website. Please keep us posted if they end up screwing you over, hope it works out for you and btw, that is a sweet looking package from Roswell!

TayTay
04-28-2009, 11:11 PM
I have never had to deal with Supra directly, but from your story Tina, it seems like I would be pointing the finger at the dealer. That seems like BS that they said if you want that stuff, then the price of the boat goes up 2k. It sounds like the dealer is not honoring the manufacturer's promotion. That is just my 2 cents. Good luck with everything!

Tina
04-29-2009, 05:50 AM
The dealer was my reason for calling the manufacturer... We knew we were getting ripped off and wanted the manufacturer to know their dealer was not honoring Supra's promo... (apparently neither is Supra) Reed, who I spoke with in TN promised he would not contact our dealer because it could be a big issue for us down the road. Rub the dealer the wrong way and then where do we haul our ssv for service? The nearest Supra dealer alternate is nearly 4 hours away in New Hampshire. So, not only are we paying for the promo, we have to kiss the dealers hiney as well...
I realize the marine industry may be taking a hit right now... but they're not alone. All of us are feeling the pain to some degree... Patience is not the issue here. Honesty and integrity preserves loyalty and they have lost any positive publicity we would have given from their advertised promotion. Why advertise a promotion that they can't and won't honor?
We pick up our new Supra this weekend and I just can't wait to see if there are attitude adjustments. I seriously doubt there will be any resolve but will be back to write about it.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Wow you want everything resolved in one day by making one call? I wonder if the person you talked to actually had to follow up like talking to his supervisor and the dealer. I'm sure Supra will enjoy helping you after flaming them publicly. I know you're pissed but why would you do business with a dealer you know if not trustworthy? Post again if Supra does NOT step up to the plate. Oh and if someone doesn't call you back - just call them again.

Tina
04-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Common.... I don't expect miracles... however, I specifically asked When I would hear from him again... and his reply was "after lunch". It's been 3 'after lunch' days, but I am happy to report he finally called... after lunch, and again before dinner too! Not with any answers, but simply apologetic for not calling sooner. Overall, the conversation went well. However, he wanted to know if we negotiated the free promo for a lesser price. :confused: ??
hmmmm... how do you negotiate free? I may be missing something, but free... means free. Is it, or is it not, at no additional charge as stated on Supra's web site? Then what's to negotiate?
The two previous Supra's we've owned were purchased by a dealer who went out of business in Mass, several years back. We were turned on to this dealer after speaking with the area Rep who specifically said in so many words, "buy out of this dealers area and you will be at the bottom of the list for service and besides, dealers out of your area cannot sell their Supra's to you". (Florida had a new Supra we almost bought for less money and they even threw in the promo for cost @ $400). But the area Rep handcuffed us to this dealer. Why buy from him? That's why, and the next closest dealer is nearly a 4 hour drive away. Fun for service calls.
A 'free' at no additional cost promo that costs almost 2 grand deserves to get publicly flamed. Unless you have a money tree that you would care to share, that 2 grand is hard earned and all we've asked is that Supra honor their promo. We have spoke to the dealer, the rep and now the manufacturer, so it's not just one phone call. Indeed I am angry and hope Supra will step up... Will let you know

priemd
04-30-2009, 01:50 PM
I feel the need to chime in on this as my experience with the local Supra dealer (Atlanta Marine) and Skiers Choice has always been great. Even when I had issues (alot of them I might add) with a previous boat Skiers choice stepped up to the plate in a big way and made it right.

Sometimes it just takes a little patience. I know we all like to think that we are their only customer but as you probably have a lot of things going on in your life as do dealers/factories in their business lives.

If your truly unhappy with your dealer and unwilling/wanting to drive to a different Supra source then there are plenty of other manufacturers out there that would welcome your business with open arms in this economy. Their loss for poor customer service...not yours!

Just my 2 cents.

Fman
04-30-2009, 11:38 PM
First off, you can take your boat to ANY Supra dealer to have it serviced, regardless of what dealer or private party you purchased your boat from. I would be surprised if they put you on the bottom of the list no matter where you go seeing as warranty work is paid to them directly from Skier's Choice.

The price you purchased your boat for regardless if you dealed with them on it or paid full MSRP should not make a lick of difference if you are entitled to the promotional package they are offering on the boat. However, one thing I would caution is make sure and read the fine print, maybe in order to recieve the promo you do have to pay full MSRP on the boat? Which today, I have a hard time believing people are walking into dealers and paying the full asking price.

Keep us posted on your progress, hopefully they will take care of you on this.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-01-2009, 11:21 AM
<<However, he wanted to know if we negotiated the free promo for a lesser price.>>

I think he is asking if you paid the dealers asking price for the boat, or negotiated a lower price. If they dropped a few grand off the asking price, I would not expect them to throw in 2k worth of free accessories.

Good luck

SZEH
05-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a Skiers Choice promo, not a dealer promo. In this case even if the dealer pulls the parts out of his inventory and installs normally the factory will reimburse the dealer for the promo...parts and install, so it actually costs the dealer nothing. He may not make as much money on the deal because he loses some of the profit on the accessories. It's just a factory incentive for them to help the dealers move more boats. Sure there's a little more paper work involved for the dealer, but hey...he sold a boat and has a happy customer.

I want to echo priemd's earlier post that Atlanta Marine (just north of ATL) has been great. Tina, I hate to hear you're having such a tough time with your dealer because you are handcuffed to your local dealer through contracts signed by dealers with the factory that protect a certain area for them. I have had people make a big enough stink where the factory has allowed other dealers to sell out of their area into another delaers protected area. This is unusual, but happens when a custom wants to stay with a certain brand, but for some reason refuses to buy from the local dealer. Make a big enough stink and anything can happen. Especially when you say you're buying a boat, but never from that dealer even if has to be another manufactuer!

I love my Supra, but if the dealer pulled this on me I'd call the manufacturer before I signed any papers and also start looking at a different manufactures.

Good luck Tina!

Scott

Tina
05-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Spoke with Reed at Skiers Choice last Wednesday the 29th and he was supposed to contact me on Friday. . So this morning I decided I would all him. I was passed through to his answering machine where I left a message... please call as I would like to hear from you. The return call did not come today, however, I am hopeful we will hear from him tomorrow.
The boat was suppose to be ready last weekend but some sort of harness was not at the shop and had to be ordered. Not a problem as we have not been in any hurry. They lake we are on is lowered in the fall, (8 feet) the dam is closed when the ice melts and we are still 3 feet low going into Memorial Day.
Any way, the Dealer called yesterday to say the boat was ready (minus a woofer they're still waiting for).... but come get her Friday or Saturday. I have to admit, I am excited!
So everything sounds good to go cept Skiers Choice is still evading the issue with their promotion. I really believe it should have been a non issue and taken care of promptly without further mention.
With our two previous Supra's, our service was always top notch... Parts were always available... appointments although tough to get quickly were precise and the job was done right the first time... Unfortunately, that dealer retired a few years ago but our fondness for Supra remains. They make nice boats. Our '87' runs great and our family has enjoyed it summer after summer. And when we sell it, we hope another family will also have many more years of enjoyment.
But as of now, our issue remains unresolved. I wonder if anyone else is having promotion problems.
I will keep you posted.
Thank you all for your replies... :D

Tina
05-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Still no reply. Will call again on Monday.
They knew we were purchasing the boat... regardless...
so why should they step in and give us their promo? It's more $ in their pocket...

If necessary, I will be writing the BBB in Maryland with a letter of complaint, a copy of their promotion and my invoice with the charges for their "free stuff" if purchased before June 1.
They are leaving me no other choice.

jonyb
05-16-2009, 08:57 AM
Sounds about right....

So where's ncarrerra to defend her company when this thread turns in this direction? I've decided that the current Supra I own will be my last. Dealer and company support is absolutely terrible, or non-existent in my case. I've had several issues as well, 1 of them was taken care of. Stopped in SC last week (I was in the area, and home is 6 hours away) and was pretty much blown off, said to "go to a dealer". After the dead-end dealers I've gone to in teh past, I'm not ready to go to another one.

bryan632
05-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Were you dealing with A and S marine in Windsor, CT. If so, they are pretty crooked. They were advertising a 2000 Moomba Outback as a Mobius. Granted, they are pretty much the same but the price is a few grand different. I've heard nothing but horror stories about them from local Westfield, MA People. I'd recommend making the hike to NH.

atarpill
05-19-2009, 10:16 AM
I have been dealing with A&S since 2007 when we begun looking for a boat, bought a new Sunsport 22v in 2008 and they have been great throughout the entire process. They have done everything they can to make sure we are happy. When it comes to service / warranty work they explain everything to you. I do all the oil changes myself and the only service I have had them do on the boat was the one I was not willing to attempt, changing the transmission filter and fluid. Poor design to begin with from Indmar.

Were you dealing with A and S marine in Windsor, CT. If so, they are pretty crooked. They were advertising a 2000 Moomba Outback as a Mobius. Granted, they are pretty much the same but the price is a few grand different. I've heard nothing but horror stories about them from local Westfield, MA People. I'd recommend making the hike to NH.

Fman
05-19-2009, 04:31 PM
I have had good luck with dealing with SC on warranty items. They have repaired everything that needed to be which included a gelcoat repair (chip in windshield area), clogged bilge pump line for ballast system, and a faulty02 sensor in motor. They have also been great with helping me upgrade to larger ballast sacs, and any other questions I had about the boat.

However, I did have a MAJOR problem with the dealership I bought my boat from who no longer sell Supra boats (hmmmm.. wonder why?). When they replaced the 02 sensor they flashed the ECU with the incorrect software which caused my perfect pass to completely stop working. They sent Moomba codes the Supra ECU. I had to take it across town to the official "Supra" dealer and they corrected the problem and got me on my way.

That being said, I think the dealership you buy your boat from is a HUGE part of warranty items.

Tina
07-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Well, apparently Dan at SC has no concept of customer satisfaction... He has come up with every excuse possible not to honor the promo...or even part of it. "Enjoy your Supra but you don't qualify". Period.

According to the promo web site, We Do!

I am going to contact the Marketing Director at SC as a last attempt to come to some sort of mutual agreement. Should the door be shut completely in my face again, I know I have given Skiers Choice every opportunity to make it right. I have been very patient waiting to get his resolved over the many weeks and perhaps a little too vocal as well...
I am not looking for full restitution. I've purchased the boat and paid for the "Free Promo" already... but I am looking for consideration, honesty, and at least a sincere attempt at a resolution.

I will post when I can and should I have to embarrass Skiers Choice with a letter of complaint to the BBB, I will post that here as well.
Hopefully, I won't get pushed off the edge and would much rather settle this peacefully.

Thank you for your support.

TayTay
07-03-2009, 04:45 PM
I hope everything works out for you and good luck! How are you liking your boat though?

Tina
07-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Thank you TayTay.

We had a few nuts and bolts missing and the tower shook and rattled terribly out on the water. At one point we thought it would collapse. Local hardware store fixed us up and the family is enjoying the comfort on the lake... (in between rain storms - horrible weather here!).
It is a lovely boat and we love the double takes and thumbs up. For the last 20+ years, the family contributed to a fund, set aside for something special... and this was it. When we are out on the lake, we talk about our efforts and if it was worth the years of dicipline... and, Yes, it was. I hope we continue to have that feeling for many more years.

Thank you again for your support.
Which Supra do you have?

87SunSportMikeyD
07-04-2009, 08:37 AM
so did they give you the promo deal or not?

TayTay
07-04-2009, 08:48 AM
I have a 2005 Launch 22 SSV. It is my first ski boat, and I guess you could say MY first boat. I am 23 so previously I had been on parents and friend's parents boat. I love it though and was super happy with my decision to go with the Supra.

Tina
07-07-2009, 09:08 PM
HECK NO..... No promo deal.... nothing... nada... zilch
Not even a tee shirt... a free oil change or a car wash...
*** NOTHING! ***
They slammed the door in my face...
Excuses... and now they are telling me more "rules" for this promo I never heard of until now! No, it's not in the fine print either... The promo was cut and dry. I read it 15 times.
And Now they are making up loop hole excuses!?*#^*&!)?

I will be sending an email to the the marketing director at SC...
It's the last straw before filing a complaint with the BBB...
I'm in business too... and don't make excuses should a customer complain. Word of mouth can be cruel. I prefer to listen and resolve issues quickly and trust the customer leaves having some satisfaction...

I have given Skiers Choice every opportunity to make this right.... I don't know what else to do.
The promo was a part of our decision to purchase new.
If the marketing director closes the door as well, I will have no other recourse but to file my complaint and humiliate the company. Competent people... a good ear... and the sincerity to work together eliminates unnecessary aggravation and embarrassment.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING Skiers Choice???

Tina
07-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Gorgeous boat Tay Tay!!
What lake are you on?
Wish you could meet up with my daugters! ;)

jonyb
07-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Thanks for sharing your story Tina, and I feel your pain. I've had endless problems with SC, and I've found that this forum is worthless to get they're attention. I bitched on wakeworld and the right person saw it, and that got a little something done. They don't look here. Natalie, that everyone loves so much, posted this thread, but never responded or did anything to alleviate your problems. That shows how much they REALLY care about their customers. Yes, I know she was laid off, but she was still here when this thread turned the way it did.

Good luck Tina, I'd say you need to call Rick Tinker. Don't know who he is, but he's the one that saw my posted on WW. He said to give him a call or email, so I emailed my number, he never called, I called him, left message, then one of the guys from SC calls. I never got to talk to Mr. Tinker like I thought I would. Guess he didn't wanna hear anything I had to say.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-08-2009, 09:07 AM
[email protected] (I believe that is the address)

try emailing him directly.

Tina
07-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks SSMikeyD.
I will give that a try and let you know when I hear more.

TayTay
07-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Thank you for the compliment Tina. I am actually on the Columbia River up in Washington State. I like it. I would love you meet your daughters, but I am married... Sorry. Well good luck again with your issues :-D

Tina
07-12-2009, 09:46 PM
oops!
didn't mean to jump to conclusions
sorry.