PDA

View Full Version : Ballast fill problems, any ideas?

Fman
04-03-2009, 01:50 AM
Ok, heres the deal, I have a new 08 Sunsport 22V, gravity III bag system, awesome boat, but I am having major problems with my ballast filling. Took the boat out today, turned on all three toggles to fill (gravity III system), and nothing! Tried checking all connections, ball valve is open near floor, tried driving the boat at different speeds, sprinkler valves are on, pump is on, aftre I took the boat out checked the intake cover and it looks clear, but not a drop of water in the clear filter!!!

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is not working? I am taking it to the dealership next week for a bad 02 sensor in the motor that needs replaced and will adress this too. Just wanted to find out if anyone else has any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks for any input - Fman

jonyb
04-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Are you sure you checked the right intake valve? sounds like it's just not getting any water.

Sluggo
04-03-2009, 09:50 AM
If you have double checked the valve, time to break the hose loose and check for blockages. Depending on where you store your boat, and if you left that valve open, you might have some uninvited visitors. Use a fake a lake troubleshoot in the driveway. Saves your time on the lake worrying about it. Another possibility is if it was not winterized correctly, you might have a crack that will not allow your pump create the suction required to pull water up through the filter. I would think this would have to be a pretty serious crack and would be very noticable once you added some pressure with a fake a lake.

Good Luck!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
04-03-2009, 10:52 AM
If you have been running it for a while dry maybe double check the impellor on the pump. Are the Jabesco/Simer or Aerator?

Fman
04-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all the feedback, I am going to pick up a fake lake and try it out. The ballvalve has a red handle and the pump is right next to the handle, so it has to be the correct one. When I take it into the dealership next week I will have them go through the entire system. Im usually pretty decent and trouble shooting and this has me stumped. Other than a blockage or defective pump thats all I can narrow it down to.

Fman
04-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Just to let you know, the line coming from the pump was clogged with debris, after being cleaned out it works fine now.