PDA

View Full Version : Help With My 360

saltare inverts
04-08-2009, 12:39 AM
I am looking for someone to ride with me and help me on landing a 360 in the Saint louis area or tips. I can land backrolls all day but spins are elusive to me. Does my size make it different to throw. I am 6'1" at 225lbs. I am plenty strong to keep rope in tight but cant land it out. I can do ts and hs 180s with grabs both fakey and regular. Tips or a coach needed.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
I am the opposite 360s I have been doing for years. Cant grab them though..not yet. Backrolls I have landed when I get a big enough wake but neither my i/o nor my buddies i/o were big enough. I could land 360s behind my 16' 120hp i/o hehe.

Are you more comfortable heelside? I can't do toe 3's but I would like to learn. Newer boards with more rolled edges between your feet are much more forgiving and will allow you to slide out if you underrotate.

I can think of a couple tips. When you take your edge at the wake, bend your knees more than a normal jump. Lets you pop straight up and takes line tension down. The pop is not like a 180 where you load your front foot and take the trick into the flats. Don't take a fast hard cut at the wake, instead cut out extra far, then do a slower progressive edge.

With 360 you want to load weight much more evenly and you will need to pop off both feet equally. I try to give it a little kick with my back foot and start initiating the spin when you feel the pop. If you edge right you really don't have to pull the handle very much.

Stand tall when you pop. Once in the air I don't think about the first 180, I just contrate on getting the handle and body position. Bend at the waist, knees slightly bent and pass the handle down low beneith your butt. I don't look down at the water, I keep my head up and just concentrate on feeling for the handle.

saltare inverts
04-08-2009, 09:29 PM
I think passing the handle near my butt and bending at the waste will help alot. Never thought of that, makes sense. Seems it will keep me me on axis easier. When do you put the handle in the other hand. I think you can land your backroll on any size wake. I learned on a small wake. The trick is no to through the roll until you have left the wake. This will give you optimal pop. I still through it early sometimes, when I do its because I closed my eyes.

justflyem
04-08-2009, 11:08 PM
definately keep the rope near your hip and squat a little during the rotation, lesser chance of coming off axis. Keep your butt out when towards the boat and from there the only thing you gotta worry about is the handle pass

87SunSportMikeyD
04-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Saw you bought a mirror on WW, nice! Post up a pic when it comes! :) Are you riding yet?

saltare inverts
04-16-2009, 12:29 AM
My drysuit is ready but my boat is all torn apart. I am redoing the interior. I also have three kids so I am working on the boat till 12 pm every nite then getting up at six. I am wearing down. But I got to get it done, got the itch to ride. Are you riding yet? How often do you get out.

mapleleaf
04-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Sal vertie, I here ya on the working late and early to work detail, I'm in the basement stitch by stitch with the old interior to use for templates, and as of last week I'm half way through my trailer rebuild, should be painted by the end of Sat.
Seeing this weather change and having a torn apart boat has been tough, I only have a 1 year old, but he is learning boat repair!
Did you end up with that fly high sac off WW, I thought I might buy the other one.....
Payoff is the boat's are amazing this summer, that's worth a lot a sleepless night's to me!!!!!!

saltare inverts
04-16-2009, 10:56 PM
No I didnt get a reply. Yea I have a 16 year old a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old. We were dancing in the boat this morning to Black Eyed Peas. Almost like being on the water. Just no seats. Yea it will be worth it. I keep fixing everything I see. I will never be done. It is fun and I can imagine how much I will enjoy the peace of mind that everything works well. How far along are you?

87SunSportMikeyD
04-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Haha yes working on the boat, listening to music drinking a beer is ALMOST like being out on the water. You guys are doing a TON of major overhauling on your boats!! Way to go!!!!!! and way to DIY and not pay out the nose!! Makes me feel pretty lucky that mine is in such good shape. I am not riding yet, but real soon. Parents live on a river so I keep my boat there and go out every weekend and once or twice a week after work.