PDA

View Full Version : Int. Pics

saltare inverts
04-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Pics of my interior as I rebuild it. Back seat is torn out and I rebuilt the back and base. Other pics are of the bad shape interior is in. Does anyone know of a good place to get upholstery sewing machine? Or maybe a good interior company to make the skins?

TayTay
04-09-2009, 07:45 PM
That rebuilt section looks really good! I am looking forward to seeing it complete.

Salty87
04-10-2009, 08:29 AM
i've got the same battleship grey with blue piping, used to have blue carpet too.

we should get a commercial sewing machine and share it. everyone gets 6 mos.

csuggs
04-10-2009, 08:48 AM
check ebay for the commercial sewing machine - you might get lucky.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-10-2009, 08:56 AM
I would call around locally you'll never sew 'em as well or effeciently as they would. I know it's hard to find a vinyl shop, but even a canvas shop would probably know where to send you. Else post a thread on WakeWorld "Looking for vinyl repair in xx city"

87SunSportMikeyD
04-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Oh the back seat looks great btw! How are your floors, though?

saltare inverts
04-10-2009, 02:30 PM
I like the idea of sharing a commercial machine. My Mom has a 1960s singer she sews leather (thick good stuff) all the time with it. I am going to try that. I will keep my findings posted. The floor was not to bad but I already replaced it and put down new carpet. I know the pros will sew quicker and better but I am having trouble spending two or three grand I an interior in a twenty some year old boat. Plus I enjoy the challenge of doing it and mabye saving some cash(for gas). Community commercial machine, who's in?

Salty87
04-10-2009, 03:24 PM
i'm interested in getting in on the sewing machine. after rebuilding stringers and floor, my boat kitty is basically empty.

i talked to an upholsterer, turned out to be a crackhead. he had some good points though...don't re-install the same panel style seats with seams all over the place. or if you really want the seams, they make vinyl with that pattern in them. don't have to worry about the seams splitting ever again.

mapleleaf
04-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Salty's got the right idea... I'm doing it as we speak... The old interior's were great, but complicated. By simplifying the seams the interior will look cleaner when redone, also less places for dirt and cracking.. J Ennis Fabric's and West Marine both sell Uv protected marine vinyl and heat sealed ribbed inserts by the yard at fairly reasonable rates..
J. Ennis may only be Canadian I don't know, spoke with a woman there last week aNS SHOULD BE PLACING MY ORDER NEXT WEEK. I'll let you guys know how the pricing goes.
That Singer, if it sews leather, should do it no problem. Remember to buy outdoor thread!!! Super important, it's border line light test fishing line.....
Don't chu guys in Austin get all the fun, I'm almost choked up over the sharing...
Y'all are weclome up here anytime....