PDA

View Full Version : Can't get water in rear ballast tank

ronald
04-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Pump runs and there is a ball valve to turn the inlet water on or off. The pump runs but no or very little water goes to the rear ballast tank under the back seat. i have tried it while moving and while still and no luck either way. I used fake a lake and it did work after some work, but I think I was pushing the water in with garden hose pressure. This is on a 2002 Supra Launch. Anyone with any Idea. I looked at the pump it is a Rule 1100 GPM pump. Do you think I have an air lock or need a new pump???

Thank for any help.....new owner here.

Irish_Jack
04-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey man,
It sounds like you might be looking for a new pump. I have replaced pumps that have had the impeller spun on the shaft. The rule pumps separate from the mounting base and the strainer to gain access to the impeller if it needs cleaning. Just make sure it isn't clogged or the there any hose leaks first before replacing...:cool:

ronald
04-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey man,
It sounds like you might be looking for a new pump. I have replaced pumps that have had the impeller spun on the shaft. The rule pumps separate from the mounting base and the strainer to gain access to the impeller if it needs cleaning. Just make sure it isn't clogged or the there any hose leaks first before replacing...:cool:

:DThanks I am going to pull the pump next week at we have had it out 3 times this weekend with no luck.

Thanks again.

ronald
04-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Hey man,

:DThanks I am going to pull the pump next week at we have had it out 3 times this weekend with no luck.

Thanks again.

Fman
04-14-2009, 03:09 PM
I was having the same problem, actually worse, nothing was coming into the ballast system at all. It turned out to be a clogged line after the pump. Now it works fine.

ronald
04-15-2009, 10:39 PM
I removed the pump today and tried it in a bucket. It did not do well at all. I had a small stream of water coming out once I got all the air out of this unit. Anyone have a better idea what type I should replace it with? This one is a Rule 1100 GPH 3/4 inlet 3/4 inch outlet. Not sure if the outlet is modified or not as most I am seeing are larger on the outlet than the inlet.

Thanks
Ron