PDA

View Full Version : Problem with new 2009 launch 22ssv (audio/speedometer)

mvd
04-12-2009, 02:49 AM
Hi

Took my new boat for a testdrive yesterday and found 2 problems.

1:

Speedometer is not working. I tested the speadometer in the service menu and there it worked fine. But when driving the boat the speedometer stays dead.

2:

The only speakers that works in the boat are the towerspeakers and subwoofer. The speakers in the boat doesn't work and give any sound. Both ampfiliers are working (light is on). Can anyone explain what amp. is used for what speakers? Are the speakers in the boat run trough the amp's?? And how can i test it? Are there any settings on the headunit that are wrong?

AUDIO SOLVED:

The second RCA cable from my headunit was missing???????and not installed. So only towerspeakers and subwoofer where connected to the headunit. I am wondering if the tested the audio in the factory?

tg0824SSVGG
04-12-2009, 08:59 AM
First thing that comes to mind about the speakers, other than obvious stuff
like making sure there are no blown fuses (doubt the lights would be on tho).
Make sure all the connections on the RCA lines from the head unit are tight on both ends.

Find the "Fader" setting on the head unit. At least on mine, the "front" outputs
are hooked to one amp, the "rear" to the other. If it's set to be all sound to the "front"
or "rear" instead of a mixture, then it would explain only getting sound from one.

Speedo - yikes, if the electronic display is showing the speed, but not the
actual speedo - sounds like something wrong in your cluster - since the pickup
(paddle wheel) must be working. How far away is the dealer?

mvd
04-12-2009, 12:50 PM
First thing that comes to mind about the speakers, other than obvious stuff
like making sure there are no blown fuses (doubt the lights would be on tho).
Make sure all the connections on the RCA lines from the head unit are tight on both ends.

Find the "Fader" setting on the head unit. At least on mine, the "front" outputs
are hooked to one amp, the "rear" to the other. If it's set to be all sound to the "front"
or "rear" instead of a mixture, then it would explain only getting sound from one.

Speedo - yikes, if the electronic display is showing the speed, but not the
actual speedo - sounds like something wrong in your cluster - since the pickup
(paddle wheel) must be working. How far away is the dealer?

Sound:

did some experimental.
I noticed that from my headunit only the RCA rear and RCA sub was connected.
The RCA front was not connected.

The biggest (top) amp. is for the sub and the interior speakers. The smallest (bottom) amp is for the tower speakers. When i connected the RCA front to the second RCA input of the top amp with an own RCA cable everything worked. Seems like SC just forgot to install and RCA cable???

The speedo does not show any speed when driving. It stays on 00 (both digital as analog). I have tested the meters with the service menu and they goes up.
Where is the paddle wheel located? Can i acces it from inside the boat? I think that the connection between the paddle wheel and the speedo meter is disconnected or something

How does the connection between the paddle wheel and the speedo meter goes? Is the a junction box or something?

on board wakeboarding
04-12-2009, 01:51 PM
the paddlewheel is under the boat you've to hoist it and than check if the wheel is moving.

inside the boat if you take out the back seat and the small box in the bottom there's the electrical connection.

Pat

mvd
04-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Speedometer is solved.
There was a sticker under the boat to protect the paddleweel during transportation that was'nt removed

tg0824SSVGG
04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Oh - right, I had one of those - I watched the dealer take it off for the test drive.
Sorry I didn't think of it.