PDA

View Full Version : Fat Sack

csuggs
04-12-2009, 08:08 PM
OK - I can't believe I'm gonna ask this - but what are some good options for extra ballast that will fit under the rear bench of my 86 Sunsport Skier? My 15 year-old is determined to get me to give in to this idea. :roll:

DKJBama92Mariah
04-12-2009, 11:39 PM
And another old Supra screams in agony. ... "I thought I was retired!!!":D

87SunSportMikeyD
04-13-2009, 11:47 AM
for the rear seat or else the rear ski locker the FlyHigh Locker Sac works best. 375 lbs. A SunSport really doesn't have much of a wake without some weight. Lucky for us we are one of the only direct drive boats you can hide sacs in!

I have two sacs in the back and two up front. The front ones are tucked out of the way so the open bow is still open for storage. Pics are in my gallery of the rear sacs.

Okie Boarder
04-13-2009, 05:12 PM
I just went out this weekend for the first time with some weight. I ran about 600# total weight and just put the sacks on either side of the engine box. Here's a couple pics of with and without weight.

WakeMikey is right on the sacks, though. You can hide some of the skinnier sacks under the rear seat, especially if yours is open all the way across.

I was amazed at the difference. I have a 350# and 250# sac. I put the 350# on the passenger side and 250# on the drivers side. We also had a friend with us who weighs about 120 pounds. We moved people around to balance it but we were running about 700 pounds more than last weekend and the wake is noticeably different. It was enough of a difference that I was almost easily getting my W2W jumps, where I really struggled with them last year.