PDA

View Full Version : Second Outing

Okie Boarder
04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Here's some pictures and links to videos from outing number two. We filled our ballast bags this time. We placed our 250# bag on the drivers side and 350# on the passenger side, of the motor box. We had a friend with us so she and the kids, or I, moved around to balance the weight and make the wake even. We had a great time! We stayed out for a couple hours. I took two sets and our older son did one.

http://www.vimeo.com/4130457

http://www.vimeo.com/4130496

http://www.vimeo.com/4130584

http://www.vimeo.com/4130676

mapleleaf
04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
great looking pic's for April!, Video's pretty darn cool too!

87SunSportMikeyD
04-13-2009, 06:28 PM
How did you have your wakeplate set up? Were the sacs pushed all the way back towards the rear or did you have them centered front to rear? W2W looks close try to pop evenly, your board may be a bit small for you what size is it?

csuggs
04-14-2009, 06:20 AM
OK Okie - you've inspired the rest of us that haven't quite made it out yet. You've made it twice and I'm jealous! I can see the difference in the wake with the sacks (referring to my other thread that you responded to). Where do you plan to put yours? Is your boat a Sunsport or some other? I'm thinking of putting something under the rear seat if I can find one that fits - I don't want to loose the storage in my ski locker though. (Without a tower or board racks the ski locker storage is critical!)

Okie Boarder
04-14-2009, 12:41 PM
The wakeplate is set to whatever the previous owner had it at. I haven't messed with it yet. I'll do that when the water is a little warmer and I can keep my hands underwater for a bit.

The way I have the bags set up is one on each side of the motor box pushed to the back against the seat.

The boat is a Sunsport...89 Classic.

My board is a LF Lyman 143. I'm about 5'-10" and about 185-190 pounds.

Glad you all enjoyed the pictures and videos and I could inspire or make ya jealous. Our water is a little cool, but as long as I keep my hands out of the water it's OK. The wetsuit really makes a difference!

87SunSportMikeyD
04-14-2009, 12:48 PM
ok def not too small board then. You know all about progressive edge and loading the line, etc? Your cut looked a little hard but loading the line not started early enough. Nice video and wipeout. :) Not trying to be critical but thinking you want tips on w2w?

csuggs
04-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Okie - Let us know what your plans are for the sacks and where you might put them permanently. I would be willing to install one or two if I knew they would make enough difference and be out of the way. BTW, our water is cold now too (Ohio River), but we hope to be out in a week or so. I have to finish a few things on the boat before gettin er wet.8-)

Okie Boarder
04-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Mikey...Yeah, I definitely want tips and help. I like having others look at the videos and provide feedback so I can improve. Yeah, I know about PE and Line Loading, but don't always do it right :(

csuggs...for this year I will keep them on the sides of the motor box. Over the winter I might figure out a way to get a bag under the seat and a bag in the bow. It definitely works just fine having the bags on the side of the motor box. It allows us to use all our storage space that way and the wake seems really good. The only downside is the bags are something you have to kinda walk around.

I'd say if you can get a few hundred pounds under your rear seat and something similar up front, it would work well. You might try getting a bag that will fit under the seat and then get one of the captains chair style and put it between the observer seat and drivers seat on the floor in front of the motor box. Eventhough it isn't out of the way, it can serve as another seating surface.

TayTay
04-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Okie, how cold is your water? Do you know? I think I am going to try to ride this weekend. The air temp should be in upper 70's but the water is still in the 40's. There is an area where two of our rivers meet that is only about 10ft deep that I might try. Water tends to be a lot warmer in there. Its just dangerous trying to get back there, very narrow channel. I have a 7mm diving wet suit that I am going to try to use. It is pretty stiff though, not really made for sports. We will see how it works and hopefully get some pictures on here of our trip :D

Okie Boarder
04-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Our water is in the 50's. My suit is a 2mm "Farmer John" and 2mm jacket, so my chest area is 4mm but the rest of me is 2mm and it's fairly comfortable. That 7mm suit should do...you just won't have as much mobility. Not sure if I would favor going into a narrow channel and risk some kind of damage if it were me.

TayTay
04-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Ya, I think i may not. I have a friend that went back there everyday last year, so he knows the way. We will see. I might just stay out in the river. I want to fill my wet suit with warm water so my body doesn't have the chore of warming it up. It would be really easy if I had a shower, but I don't... YET. I may boil some water and take it down there and make some "warm water" to fill it up with. We will see that happens. Thanks for the info.

csuggs
04-15-2009, 10:02 PM
If you can get your hands on a dry suit, that's the way to go when its this cold.

TayTay
04-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Ya, you know what, I found one a few months ago on craigslist when I was looking for boats thinking ahead to spring and in hindsight, I should have bought it. Maybe another one will come along.